All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Scrapbooking    Reciepe Swap and ???
        Page 1 2 3 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Reciepe Swap and ??? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Frodo,
        I'm not a beer drinker, but exactly how many cans or bottles of beer do you need for 6 cups? I might try this recipe for CHRISTmas, I know that some of my relatives would enjoy the soup.

May God Bless You Abundantly!

Kathie

Posts: 1086 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Thank You for those kind words Shirl! You are so Sweet! For Sure keeping some prayers going out to you Smile everything happens for a reason, we may not always see the reason, but I am sure there is one. I think sometimes some of us(Me!!) need a little push into the light to see what is best for us. Times being what they are makes it harder too, but things will come together. Keep the Faith Smile

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 513 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        2 cups per 16 oz bottle...3 bottles
        i made this recipe...cut it down to 4 cups beer
        it was a little to soupy for my taste..if to thick you can always add...
        .no subbing for budweiser or dos x's...the taste will be afected

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks, Frodo!
        Can you tell that I'm not a beer drinker? Otherwise I would have known that beer comes in 16 oz bottles. DUH!

Kathie

Posts: 1086 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        i dont drink either,,but back in the day......

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hello Ladies!!! I hope all are doing great. I am about to get myself and my home in order. Is January 10th a good time for all to get your swap to me.? I sure need to be a drinker, my family is making me get on with my life, and that is what I'm going to do. So ladies, I can't think of anything I want to do more than scrapping...well a cruise would be nice. Anyone want to go with me Big Grin

If this due date is not ok just let me know and I will adjust it.

Shirley
        I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Posts: 519 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Shirl, you sound Happier to me Smile I hope so anyway my Friend! The date of Jan 10 sounds good to me, that's just one day after your DIY Anniversary here too!!

A cruise, hmmm, not my kind of fun but they DO have scrapping cruises and you could get both fun things together! I am too much of a homebody to go but maybe one of the others would be interested. It never hurts to ask. You will feel better too just getting on with life and have some fun. We could get more swapping done here maybe in the coming year? Here's some ideas I came up with that maybe someone besides me would like to do:
        1)A scrapping frame swap~ each person would make 2 cardstock frames and embellish them, we could decide on size if that happens.
        2) Tags of some kind
        3)Paper quilling, if anyone else is into that.
        4) Stamped images that the receiver can decorate as they like. Each person would simply rubber stamp themed designs for whatever we decide.
        5) Supply Swap~ things like ribbons, embellishments, brads, stickers, or other supplies.

That's all I'm thinking of for now but I like to do paper piecing and love anything animal related to scrap my pets with. But Feel Free anyone else to make suggestions on what things you might like to swap. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: crafdragon,

Janet Smile

Posts: 513 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        HI ladies, hope all is well in your house. Yes, Janet SmileI am happier, things are coming together, at last, and I am ready for more swapping. I did not know there are scrapping cruises. Might check on that. I love your ideas, so ladies, start getting your scrap table ready to go. Don't make me come to your house and but you in time-out Big Grin

Shirley

Posts: 519 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Jan. 10 sounds good to me.
        I have never been on a cruise, but I would love to go on one someday, after I win the lottery.

I wish all of my DIY buddies a
        WONDERFULLY BLESSED CHRIST MAS,
        & A HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

Kathie

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Thank You Kathie!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours also Smile

Merry Christmas to All my Friends here on DIY!!

Janet Smile

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        When I think I am on schedule I am not, I will be late Sorry Everybody. I will say so when I ship mine. I think I need to not do swaps in the Winter.

Janet Smile

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Everyone, I am pretty sure I will be able to mail Wednesday or Thursday. I will send priority to get there faster. I will post on here after I have mailed. Thanks for waiting for me and Sorry for being late Smile

Janet Smile

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        I am sorry to say that mine also went out late. I had my husband mail mine on Saturday, not sure how he mailed them, but it probably wasn't priority. Anyway, Shirley, you should get them shortly.
        Thanks for doing this swap!

Kathie

posted Hide Post
        OK, ladies, if we had any of our swaps mailed and sent back out on time, I would thing we were on the wrong board Big Grin Big Grin I will be watching

Shirley

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        OK, Mailed it today, Priority envelope so you should have it like Monday or so. I am all excited to see what everyone made and the colors and and designs!!!

I got a package that my Honey ordered for me, some Washi tapes!! Can't wait to open and try it out. For anybody not familiar with it, it is paper tape basically with designs on it-kitties, dots, stripes. There are a zillion different colors and designs and I think they come from China. But are so fun to make tags and cards, gift cards, picture frame decorating and scrap with. I mean I suppose you could use it for anything. I have gotten mail sealed with a piece of Washi tape too! Just fun stuff! Comes with adhesive already on it or plain that you have to glue on. Anybody used it before? If Yes, what did you use it for? Just curious Big Grin

Janet Smile

posted Hide Post
        Kathie, I should have eaten before I opened your package. Your reciepes look so good.

Janet I dont have yours yet. I have heard of the Washi tape but have not used it yet. I have received cards from swaps that the tape was used on. My daughter gave me a M's gift card for Christmas and I see a buying frenzy coming on.

Shirley

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Shirley & Janet,
        I can't wait to get the swap! I am currently in the hospital. I have cellulitis in my right foot, and have been hooked up to an IV antibiotic since Monday, the infection is spreading, and I was just informed that I will be put on a stronger antibiotic, which translates int "You ain't going home!" BUMMER!
        OH well, it's too cold outside, so maybe they're doing me a favor. One nice thing about being here is that they have internet access from each bed. Now if I could just remember my passwords! Hope you all are staying warm.

Kathie

posted Hide Post
        Bummer Kathie. I do have both swaps and will get them mailed, but may not be until Monday. So just get better and when you get home, your package will be waitimg.

Shirley

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        I hope that I get home before the pkg gets there!

Kathie

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Oh, Kathie!! I am Sorry you are/were in the hospital! That's no good at all. But at least the help is there when you need it. I hope you get home fast so you can be comfortable a home. I personally dislike being away from home and stuck in the hospital' It's a little better when I can preplan it and take something to do and my toothbrush with me.

Hopefully if you are not feeling good your package will bring some brightness to your little heart Smile
        Sending Good thoughts to you, Feel Better Big Grin

Janet Smile