All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Scrapbooking    Reciepe Swap and ???
        Page 1 2 3 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Reciepe Swap and ??? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Ok..here it is. .
        DUE DATE Dec.10TH.
        Rules:
        If I get all the swap in early, I will mail early. Send the postage for return mail and a return address label

1. Make two different reciepes of each group you join.
        2. Your mystery item is anything you wish to send that goes with scrapping.

Group 1 – Crockpot Meal
        1 Shirley
        2.Janet

Group 2 –Pan Meal
        1. Shirley
        2. Kathie

Group 3 - Desserts
        1. Shirley
        2. Kathie

Group 4 – Family Favorite
        1. Shirley
        2. Kathie

Group 5 - Your Mystery Items
        1. Shirley
        2. Janet
        3. Kathie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shirl505,

Shirley
        I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Posts: 528 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        I will be signing up for crockpot meals and mystery item and family favorites but am not sure what recipes yet, hopefully I will know tomorrow.

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 535 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Janet, Got You ready to swap.

Come on Ladies, this is a fun swap to do.

Shirley

Posts: 528 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Shirley,
        I will do groups 2, 3, 4 & 5. Not sure what. Just wondering, why do we have to state what the recipe will be, or am I misunderstanding? Are we making 2 recipes for each group or just 2 of each recipe card? Sorry, but I guess I'm brain dead.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tooscraphappy,

May God Bless You Abundantly!

Kathie

Posts: 1102 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Kathie..this is why You!!!! Big Grin should host these swaps. You find all of my goof-ups!!!! Big Grin

BUT..once again I have fixed and updated the swap.

OK YOU READERS, SEE WHAT FUN WE HAVE HERE!!! COME ON AND JOIN THIS BOARD..YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN FROM DAY TO DAY. Big Grin

Shirley

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Ladies!! Hey Shirley, what size are the recipes we are doing? 6 x 6 and 8 1/2 x 11 are the sizes I usually do but I am happy to do the size the 'Boss'(Shirley) says to, heehee Smile Yup Shirley is the Boss Lady of us for the swap!! I have my recipes ready to create with but will have to come back to share what I am making.
        Question: what types of things does everyone in the swap like to use- brads? stickers? fibers? charms? ribbons? beads? Please share what things you like so people can make good choices with mystery items. I feel bad if I share something that somebody can't use. I have all of these things and plenty to share so tell me the things you like to use( I am not saying if you have things like these to share too that you not send them, so don't be intimidated by my collections of scrappy stuff Big Grin

Janet Smile

Posts: 535 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        For the Crock Pot ones I my recipes are
        sloppy joes
        pumpkin tea bread

and for Family Favorites(please add me on there it was overlooked I think)-
        Easy Pot Roast
        Fair Candy

Janet Smile

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Hey Ladies,
        I will not have access to the internet for a few days, my computer is giving me fits, so I am sending it out to be fixed, before I throw it across the room!!!!!!
        I am not sure what my recipes will be, I can't find my recipes, because everything is in a box somewhere. I truly hope that I never have to move again, But I will search high and low and in the storage locker too. Take care!

Kathie

Posts: 1102 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hello, what's happening on here?? Since the boss didn't say anything, and nobody else has ,I am making my recipe pages 8.5 x 11. Not sure what size you girls are doing, but I will make it work Smile

Kathie, I hope the search for recipes is turning up what you wish for! I got all my recipes trimmed down and now will get to choose colors and decorations and...!! This is so FUN and I love it!!

Shirley, I hope everything is working for you too! Hows it going, you have been very silent for a while! Hope all is thumbs up for you. Any recipe action happening for you too?

OK, maybe I am being too nosy. My curiosity sometimes gets the best of me when I am in a swap!
        Take care Ladies and I will be around Confused

Janet Smile

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hey Girls! Hope All is Well with Everybody.

Kathie, did you get your computer happening? I hope so, it can be really difficult getting along when it's in the shop! But hopefully you have a trouble free internet time now!? I Hope!!

Getting my recipes happening and having a good time as I work on those and my Christmas cards!! If You Ladies would like a Christmas card from me Please send me a private message with your mailing address and I would be happy to send you a home made card from ME!! Shirley I have your address already Smile

We have been seeing moose all around and it is so COOL! They have never bothered us and we do not bother them, just enjoy seeing them munching on shrubs and different plants as Winter cold sets in. They head farther up the mountain them we are, but we see some every year passing thru. I have not gotten any good pics tho, and my camera screen got broken! It still works but I am so sad. Gonna see if I can get it fixed otherwise I will have to replace it. I heard that digital screens can get replaced, so maybe. I think when we were shopping it got something on top of it in packing the car- the man gets impatient and kind of just chucks stuff in there and piles stuff up and well I don't know HOW it got broken but I know neither of us did it on purpose Roll Eyes but it's still broken.
        K, off to fix some Supper now so I will look back to see of anyone has answered my 'what do you use' questions Wink Please!!

Janet Smile

posted Hide Post
        HI Ladies, My PC was sick again. I hope you all are working on the swap. We usually do 6x6 for recipes, but seeing as how I did not get back to y'all it is a do what you want Big Grin

I hope ya'll are not snowed/iced in. It is COLD at my house. And I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving,

Shirley

Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Shirl505:
        HI Ladies, My PC was sick again. I hope you all are working on the swap. We usually do 6x6 for recipes, but seeing as how I did not get back to y'all it is a do what you want Big Grin

I hope ya'll are not snowed/iced in. It is COLD at my house. And I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving,

shirl505.... heater for you

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Frodo - I need all the heat I can get. Why not come back and join the swap?? Big Grin

Shirley

Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        for you guys/gals having trouble with your computers
        i use a company that i pay a fee to..about 175 bucks a year, i can call them 24/7/365 about any issue i have. they will teach you to do what ever you dont know
        and will debug your pc, whenever you think it needs debugging...
        you taking your pc to a shop will cost you what they charge for a year...and you dont have to take it anywher..they do it by phone...

click here

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Ladies, having a little trouble here because I am such a dunce! I have misplaced my pages but will keep looking, I know they are here.
        Shirley I read the size and changed them to be 6x6, no problem Smile
        Snow has been pouring and of course ice comes with it but we are doing well in it so far. It is so PRETTY! I really love watching snow fall, it inspires my creativity Big Grin
        I will post when I ship(after I find them!!!)

Janet Smile

posted Hide Post
        Well, ladies...Your goofball hostess is asking again if I can extend the swap..I am having financial problems and I hope to get the divorce settlement maybe this month,hopefully before Christmas. I may have problems finding Santa and we have talked about him showing up New Years Day. Will y'all forgive me again and Janet..don't rush and you other ladies..we may have to finish this next month...I have asked the Lord to guide me in how to live alone..it has been a tough month..and I wonder again how I can have all these new tears..it has really been tough..but I promise you after this month is over I WILL GET YOU BACK HERE and we will get going again. Smile

Shirley

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Sure, that's no problem for me. I can wait till next month. I did find my stuff so can wait to ship after you give the go ahead Shirley. I can relate to financial issues all too well, but this year we are doing better than others. Shirley email me if I can help you out- I make some sterling jewelery as well as fabric items and have some new things I was going to sell on ebay that may be what you need for gifting.(some craft supplies, pony beads, needle point kits, not new but great condition some kids movies on DVD- mostly pets and wildlife stories).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: crafdragon,

Janet Smile

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Shirley,
        I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, this is certainly a difficult time for you. Do not worry about extending the swap, I am actually praising the Lord for the extension. everything is so crazy, we finally listed our house, and half of our stuff is in storage, and the rest is in the basement of the new house, we just have the bare necessities. I can't stand it, no matter what I need it's not here! Mad I don't have my printer or any scrapping stuff either.
        I was thinking about doing 8x8 recipe cards, since that is what we did on the last swap, but I also have an 8 1/2 cookbook too. This might just turn out to be the best swap ever.

Kathie

Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        Phanton Canyon Brewing co.
        gouda soup
        8 cups chik. stock
        6 cups queens blonde ale
        1 1/2 lb potatoes...peeled/diced
        6 cups heavy cream
        2 lb smoked gouda cheese grated
        1 tea salt, dash pepper
        in a big pot, tatters,chicken stock, beer bring to boil then simmer till tatters tender
        puree mixture, i use a hand held kitchen aid blender
        return to stove add cream, salt, pepper
        simmer 5-7 minutes
        remove from heat add grated cheese
        serve with garlic buttered french bread
        enjoy......

hang in there shirley, remenber the poem footprints? hes there...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

posted Hide Post
        You know we may be a small swap board, but I think the best of the best is here. Your hearts are so big and welcoming how could you not be here. I know the Lord has his reason,and I know it should get better. Thank all of you, just keep me in your prayers.

Shirley