All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Scrapbooking    Weekly check in... week one...
        Page 1 2 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Weekly check in... week one... Sign In/Join 
        Picture of tlc3plus
        posted
        Happy New year...

Well I haven't been on much this year... and haven't been doing much scrappin either... my life is busy with 2 jobs (bookkeeping for my dh 2 businesses...) but I have always wanted to open a scrapbook store... we had to move locations and so I'm going to do it and do the book work when not busy...

Hence the weekly check in! lol

What are you all up too ... try to check in with me will you?

Clarinda

Scrappin Done in 2010
        8 1/2 x 11 -
        12 x 12 -11
        cards -12
        altered note books-14
        title swap - 35

Posts: 4521 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Oct 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Clarinda, that's exciting news. You have the right personality and interest in the hobby to be successful. We have a scrapbook store in the area called Scrapbook Factory. I think it's independently owned -- not a chain. You're far enough away from them that the owners might be willing to talk to you about their suppliers and about pitfalls to avoid. I'll get you their number if you'd like. BTW, just heard on the news tonight that IKEA is again considering coming to St. Louis. I might get to see you more often if you love IKEA as I do. We'll send T and B fishing while we shop.

Marsha

Happy to be in God's service.

Posts: 921 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Sep 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Ladies! Checking In!! You sound Overly busy Clarinda! I am exhausted all the time, I mean I could sleep 15 hours a day and be happy with that! I think it's the too cold weather and I am trying to hibernate! Our wood stove is just not putting out the heat and not sure what can be done that is a price we can afford. I am very happy with all the Polar Fleece I have bought on sale in past years. With the blankets sleep is warm, it's the waking hours that kill me. So at least I have them at night. Temps have not been zero yet tho.
        That sounds so fantastic for you to start a store Clarinda! Have you found a location for it or will it be at your home? When will you open? I just want to know everything!! I received some scrap glue for a gift and I had never heard of it. It's called The Best Glue Ever. I am in love with this glue and it lists it is safe all kinds of stuff like metal, glass, plastics... Made by ScraPerfect Just thought I would mention that because I would buy this again for sure! The closest scrap store to me is still doing OK, she takes consignments and I think that is much of her business. I go there every few months to see if anything new is there. She is pricey on most things tho, especially when there is a discount store a few blocks away. To me a store should be all about being friendly and if I have questions about something, pay attention to me till you have answered the question...that store by me does not do that. She ignores customers till they have their $ out, unless the phone rings and it's her friend then she talks about whomever's inappropriate behavior Mad I get what I need and get out Eek

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 511 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Clarinda - Sounds like you've got it going Girl, I have always thought about opening a store also, but it would not fit into my world now. We travel too much for me to even attempt it.

Marsha - glad to see you. I wish I did have a hobby store closer than an hour and a half of driving. I go to my oncolgist (sp?) every three months so most of my buying gets done at HL and M while I'm in Little Eock. I also buy from Oriental Tradiung a lot.

Craftdragon - I know what you mean about sleeping. We very seldom have snow here and the temps have been so low and when I get cold I could sleep all
        day, give me a warm blanket, put me in front of the T.V. and I could sleep all day.

I have been making cards for a swap on another board. But I would love to get this board going, so I'm checking in, looks like a week to late.

Shirley
        I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Posts: 513 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tlc3plus
        posted Hide Post
        Well so much for my weekly check in's! lol

I have a room in the corner of the new building that our business had to move to (state highway went through the middle of our old building...) been thinking about a scrap store for a few years...so since I won't have any over head now is the time...plus if I wait any longer I will be too old! lol
        I did stop in Searcy and Cabot at sb stores when I was in Little Rock to ask about a point of sale program... well both are doing every thing by hand...I need a good program...I got some info sitting right here by me... I need time to check into it! lol

I totaly know what you mean about being 1 to 1 1/2 hrs away... here too. I will try to be real friendly.! I made a shadow box for my dil sister for her baby...I dropped it off at the bank and got an order for another one! I think I'll make some money out of my addiction! at least a little! I don't want to kill with my prices...if I could make enough to cover my pay now maybe dh would hire a book keeper and i could quit! yea! lol

Clarinda

Scrappin Done in 2010
        8 1/2 x 11 -
        12 x 12 -11
        cards -12
        altered note books-14
        title swap - 35

Posts: 4521 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Oct 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Clarinda, this should have been "monthly check in". And one order at a time is all it takes to get that store up and running.

HI to all those readers that float thru here. If only 5 of you post, we could have a good board here.

Anyway..HAPPY EASTER!!

Shirley

Posts: 513 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        WOW Shirley, you must have spent a long time on here Sunday, you really dug up a lot of old posts, hopefully some other peeps will respond, I don't really want to go to another board.

May God Bless You Abundantly!

Kathie

Posts: 1086 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Shirley, we should elect you president of the board because you are doing everything to keep it alive. Kudos to you.

Christmas was kind of overwhelming for me, and it took me time to recover. Then came March and I got my TX kids back for spring break. My son is dean of a TX university, so he and the kids have come home during spring break for the last 3 years, which I love, but it really wears me out. I threw a birthday party for my granddaughter, then a sports-center gathering for my son's 40th birthday. If I were in better health, it wouldn't be so difficult, but you know, I hurt if I do and I hurt if I don't, so why not do and have the memory. Anyway, I'm resting up to have the energy for a trip to TX in May. Then I'll be back just in time to keep my twin grandsons during their break between the end of school and start of their summer program. But all this activity keeps me in scrapbook pictures, so no complaints.

Marsha

Posts: 921 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Sep 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I posted a rather lengthy note, but the powers-that- be didn't like two words in it, and I'm scratching my head to think what they might be. I don't write offensive posts, so go figure. Anyway, I'll be watching to see if it posts after they check it out.

Marsha

posted Hide Post
        So I tested by sending a post using the two words that "they" might have thought were against board rules, and yup, they were. I can't share them with you because they won't post them, so I have two posts floating out there. Let's just say they construed them as political.

Marsha

Picture of tlc3plus
        posted Hide Post
        lol Marsha... you better watch out!

Just checking... I haven't had time to do any thing until a week ago my sis and her friend was down... we scrapped all week and shopped of course... lol... I got a great start on a wedding album...

Clarinda

Scrappin Done in 2010
        8 1/2 x 11 -
        12 x 12 -11
        cards -12
        altered note books-14
        title swap - 35

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hi, checkin' in,check,check!! Not so sure I am on the right schedule to do so, but it was here so I did it.

Janet Smile

Posts: 511 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Wow, I just spent like 45 mins trying to add to my signature!! If I don't do something weekly or more often on the computer, I forget how to do it. What can I say, I am not very computer literate Eek

Janet Smile

posted Hide Post
        Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..even Me and Myself know better than that...whatever "that" was..so do as Clarinda suggests and whatch what you say.

Janet..check..check check..Hope Floats..go into your profile and there is a section that you can add your signature and it will always show up when you post.

I sure wish I had a Butterfinger right now or a Payday or a Clark Bar or a Almound Joy. We had a tornado close to my house last night. It was not a "big" one but it did do some damage to a few houses and uprooted some trees. Anyway..........

Shirley

posted Hide Post
        OK, since I am being shamed (Clarinda, Shirley), I feel compelled to try to tell you how innocent my comment was that the DIY Muckities opted not to print. I said that because Shirley was working so hard to keep this board going, we should * (pick) her to be our * (leader). And Shirley, if I lived closer I'd drive right over to your house to bring you the candy bar of your choice. BTW, did you know if you mix salted peanuts and candy corn together, you create the taste of a Payday candy bar? This is our favorite Halloween treat.

Marsha

posted Hide Post
        OHHHHHHHHH you are so sweet, thank you. I may be the leader but without my troopers I accomplish nothing.

And I did not know about the candy. I love candy corn. this is one of the candies we got at Christmas. There are 7 kids in my family and my Daddy made sure that the candy corn and the orange slices was always under the tree with our oranges and apples. This was always easy to divvy out and cost less than candy bars. So..I'm gonna try this tomorrow.

Are you SURE you can't bring me a candy bar, I'll wait up for you.!! Big Grin

Shirley

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        WOW! It has been such a long time since we've had so many postings,
        WELCOME BACK!
        I could use a candy bar right now too, I am having cataract surgery
        on my left eye tomorrow, and then I'll have the right eye done on the
        26th. I'm looking forward to seeing colors again, and also not having to
        wear glasses while driving anymore, YEAH!
        I'd appreciate prayers if you would be so kind. I'm a diabetic, so healing
        can take a bit longer, Thanks!

May God Bless You Abundantly!

Kathie

Posts: 1086 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Haven't been on lately, health issues and hubby has too.Haven't scrapped in a long time.The cards that were posted are very pretty and maybe I will try to make some.I need to make another cookbook too.We had stormy weather yesterday and a lot of rain. I had cataract surgery a few years ago couldn't believe the things I couldn't see. LOL Martha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kay-reeda2,

Posts: 225 | Location: Russellville Al | Registered: Feb 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I know Kathie, isn't it great. I truely appreciate Marsha for her post, I don't mind being "leader" as long as Me and Myself can join. I would love it if you Marsh and You Kay would come back, even with just four ladies we can still have a good time here,

Clarinda, we sure wish you and your sister would come back.

I would love to have a chit-chat with all my family and see what everyone is working on.

Shirley

posted Hide Post
        Kathie, how did your surgery go? Years ago my husband and his mother took turns having the surgery. Bill was only in his 30s, but developed cataracts in both eyes. Well, when his mother returned home, she was shocked to see how dusty her house was. With the cataracts, she couldn't see the dust. lol

Martha, sorry to see you've been sick and hubby too. Hope you get back to your scrapping soon. I love seeing your recipes on Facebook.

And Shirly, I'm back. It's fun when others post, too. Otherwise, it feels like you're talking to yourself. lol

Marsha