All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Scrapbooking    HAVE FUN SWAP
        Page 1 2 3 4 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

HAVE FUN SWAP Sign In/Join 
        posted Hide Post
        OK LADIES!! looks like we'er all on the same page

Shirley
        I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Posts: 526 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        OK, mine was mailed today! BUT my guy had to mail it for me so I hope he did it right!! He was all mad about it but I am in a cast now and could not do it myself. I fell on Saturday and messed up my ankle and today got an x ray so I will find out what is happening. In the mean time it hurts like crazy and I am not very happy about it. I will heal, whatever is wrong with it!!

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 529 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Janet,
        I hope everything is OK with your ankle, broken bones are no picnic. It always hurts worse at night. May God Bless You and Heal You!

May God Bless You Abundantly!

Kathie

Posts: 1100 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks Kathie, that's Sweet of you and I do appreciate it!! Smile
        I still can't get an answer from my Dr about what is wrong with my ankle. I am suspecting it's a sprain because I would think they would have called if I needed a broken bone fixed. Today it's feels a little better so I am hoping it is just getting better. I have been trying to call the Dr and so far no response. But they take a looong lunch time so I will try again after they get back. Fridays are short days for them so I hope I can get an answer before the weekend gets here! I don't like it when someone does not return my call Mad

Janet Smile

Posts: 529 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hello Ladies!!! Was once again MIA. Janet, I got your package. I have not heard from Vickie or Chattycath so I am going to guess that they are not going to send a package. If this can be a good week I'm going to try to get your swap to you this week.

So sorry about the delay.

Shirley

Posts: 526 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        OK, Sounds Good! And if it gets delayed it's not a big deal. Don't forget to Take Care of YOU my Friend Smile
        I hope things are moving along for you with out any difficulty. Feel free to holler if I can help with anything, OK?

Janet Smile

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Shirley,
        Vicki, posted a reply on July 14th. Her original pkg went missing, and she is working on a replacement. So don't do anything until you get her pkg. I'm in no hurry.
        If Chattycathy doesn't come through, please keep my stuff that was intended for her, but hopefully it won't come to that.
        I truly hope that life is improving for you, I'm sending you a BIG HUG, and know that I am praying for you! Take Care.

Kathie

Posts: 1100 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        OMG, I am such a Dork! I even responded to her and I did not remember that! My memory!!! But that's good, so she is still with us!! I have so much patience it can be scary but helpful when in line at the stores! Cool
        I am so excited with this it makes me daydream about how everyone is working on them and what they will all look like! Anticipation...just like those old commercials waiting for the ketchup to come out of the bottle! LOL!! Big Grin I really enjoy some commercials, but there are a few overplayed ones that I do not miss Wink

Janet Smile

posted Hide Post
        I did see her post but it didn't stay ith me. I will hold out until I get her package.

Ladies, Im sorry I have not been on here. My week went sour this morning. I did not think my eyes could cry this much. So it is a blessing for me. I need to get some things straighted out so this gives me some time. Thanks

Shirley

posted Hide Post
        Hi Ladies!! It's been a few days since I've been here. How's it going for everyone? It's hot here, 100 degrees!!

Vickie, how are you doing with the swap? Do you need more time?

Shirley

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Shirley! I Hope you are doing Well Smile
        Been hot here too and we are trying to get our driveway potholes filled in with gravel and sand. Hard work in the sun drains me and I have been sleeping like a rock! Our driveway is about 1/2 a mile long. We hit 93 yesterday and today was a little cooler Thank Goodness. If we don't get the driveway fixed it will make Winter harder because the snow blower won't be able to work efficiently, so it's a necessary chore. Been dealing with hornets too and I am ready to walk around with a flame thrower to get them (just kidding I don't want to start any fires) But those dang bugs are making the whole family mad at them!!
        STAY COOL!! Eek
        Thanks for Hostessing the Swap Shirley Big Grin

Janet Smile

posted Hide Post
        Hey Janet...I AM so tired of slapping my self to get those dang misquitoes and ants. I am in the process of getting the money the court ordered my ex to pay me. Then I want to Enclose a part of my patio with screen. Then I can enjoy sitting outside at night without bugs.!!!

Still waiting on Vickiy. I will be out of town for a few days and if I have not heard from her or not received her package when I get back I am going to close this swap and mail ya'll you swap.

So Vickiy, please PM me or anyone in the swap and let us know what your problem is and how we can help you.

Shirley

Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Shirley,
        I agree with you about the mosquito's, and I "HATE" ants! I know that God has a purpose for everything he created, but what the heck was he thinking when he created insects? (Just Kidding!) Hope you are going out of town for some fun time. I guess we'll just give up on chatty cathy.

Kathie

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Wow Shirley! I hope it goes smoothly for you to get your $!

Yes mosquitos love me and leave huge welts that last about a week and itch mostly in the evening time for me. I have some Benadryl spray for the itching that really works great but it's expensive!
        I have found that for me Cintonella works for about 4 hours then I have to reapply it. I buy several bottles at a time and put about 10 drops in a spray bottle then shake it up with water and spray on me and my clothes. Sometimes I put it on some of the pets too when needed. Our Golden Retriever the mosquitos seem to love her too. ANTS so far we have been able to keep them outside this year, but they too are everywhere!! And hornets are also everyplace we don't want them, trying to get under the siding at the back of the house. Plus with Fall looming the scary spiders will be trying to come in the house too. Those scare the living daylights outta me!! NOT a fan for sure! But we ARE out in the woods here so I have to expect buggy things.

My skin has become so dry since we have lived here and everything makes me itch sometimes. This side of the state has more extreme temps and I think that is what gave me the problems I have now with itchiness. I have found that Gold Bond lotion, the healing one, seems to help me so much! Glad I found something tho as I was scratching my arms and legs raw sometimes. Gross I know but it made it feel better to scratch. My Dr says skin problems are common with diabetes for long term people like me. Had it since I was a little kid.

The swap situation ... disappointing when everyone doesn't come thru, but stuff happens. At least we have a few of us ready to swap Smile

I am right there with Kathie, hope your time away is to relax and enjoy some Happy times Shirley!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: crafdragon,

Janet Smile

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Janet, I don't know if this would help the various itches but it's cheap and worth a try: ice cubes. Just rub them all over the itchy area.

Spearmint lotion or salve also works, but it should be a good quality lotion, not something from a dollar store.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks GS! I do have Spearmint growing so will pick some and make some kind of concoction with it! Thank You for the info!! You have all kinds of Great ideas and I appreciate you sharing them Smile Mmmm now I will smell like Spearmint Big Grin

Janet Smile

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Janet, I haven't tired distilling herbal essences or making lotions, but I do know that a carrier oil is needed. Almond oil is one of the carrier oils used in lotions.

If I can find a formula I'll let you know, but the best ones I've seen are in Herb Quarterly and it doesn't have a searchable online archive. Herb Companion is another good source, but the last time I searched its archives I realized it had apparently been acquired by Mother Earth and I was unsuccessful in finding what I wanted.

I too LOVE the fragrance of spearmint!

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi LADIES, sorry about not being here. My PC crashed on me... again. I've been so busy trying to get things working here since I became single. I finally got all his things out and got all of my things re-arranged, he thought he could leave his not important things but they ended up out side again. I'm having trouble getting the money I was awarded thourgh the divorce. Sunday I went down and had my paster pray for me and I now have a peace in my heart that has been gone for so long and I have a road to travel that has scared me for so long, but I'm gonna travel it and see where it goes. And... I am now a first time great grandmother, Randle Lynn was born Monday night.

I am so sorry for being this late on getting your swap to you. I have it ready for mail and will try to get to the PO today or first thing tomorrow. So PLEASE forgive me..once again Big Grin

Shirley

Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        Saying prays for you Shirley to get things under control so you can have some comfort in your life Smile No concern for time here anyway, so get around to it when you get around to it, that's my motto when I get too much to do. We all know things don't always happen when we want them to, but sometimes prayer can help them along in a positive way! I am sure your road may have some twists and turns but you will get to where you need to be. Sending a big cyber HUG!!

Huge Congratulations on your new Grand Baby!! Smile Smile How exciting!!

Janet Smile

posted Hide Post
        GIVE ME A DRUM ROLE!!!! START THE FIREWORKS!!!START THE BAND MARCHING!!!!YOUR SWAP IS IN THE MAIL!!

My laptop is still sick and ,my PC is getting sick which makes getting on line almost impossible, but will get here as much as I can.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shirl505,

Shirley