All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Hobbies & Crafts  Hop To Forums  Scrapbooking    LO's falling apart!
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

LO's falling apart! Sign In/Join 
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted
        Have any of you had the problem of opening your scrapbooks only to find that the LO's have fallen apart, and now need to be put back together? I use Herma & Recolections adhesives both repositionable and permanent, so I'm not sure which one is causing the problem. Some of the problem LO's are only 3 yrs old. I can see the adhesive marks on the backs of the photos or card stock backing, as well as on the page. What is causing the problem?
        I also have a print which I used adhesive on (about a year ago) and then attached it to a paper background instead of using a mat, that has also come loose and is now hanging cockeyed inside the frame. It really ticks me off that I might now have to go back and redo all of my pages. Mad I can't be the only person to have encountered this problem. What do you suggest I do? What adhesive do you use?

May God Bless You Abundantly!

Kathie

Posts: 1086 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Wow, Kathie, I'm going to have to go back and check mine. I have had problems with adhesive letters coming off, but it will sure be disappointing to have the layout fall apart. I don't have advice, but will be interested to hear from others.

Marsha

Happy to be in God's service.

Posts: 921 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Sep 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        I use Tombow Mono adhesive and Zig 2 way glue, both I have used for several years or more with no problems, no falling apart. I have also used Tombow Permanent adhesive that is like a glue runner for maybe 2 years, again no troubles so far.
        I'm sorry that's happening to you Kathie! it has to be frustrating to say the least.

Janet

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 508 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        Janet,
        I will look for the Tombow Mono, I haven't heard about that brand before. Do you know if Michael's or Hobby Lobby carry that brand?

Kathie

Posts: 1086 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: Sep 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I don't know much about this subject but would like to see Janet as a new/existing ladie onboard as well as you Marsha.

Shirley
        I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Posts: 513 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        ME TOO!

Kathie

posted Hide Post
        Yes! I've had problems with the tape runner adhesives deteriorating and my l/os coming apart. I would think they should last a lot longer than that. Much longer. Adtech was one of the runners. I think Elmers is another I used.

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        As I stated above..I don't know anything sbout but I would love to see you become a member of our family.

WELCOME Big Grin

Shirley
        I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Posts: 513 | Location: Star City, AR | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of tooscraphappy
        posted Hide Post
        RosyGlow,
        I agree with you about Adtech adhesive, I won't buy that brand anymore.I haven't had any problems with Elmer's.
        Welcome to the Board!

Kathie