DIY Message Boards
how to make big $$$ in home improvement

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/86410722/m/2983972277

Jul 17, 2013, 10:51 AM
swschrad
how to make big $$$ in home improvement
(1) be smarter than a fly. well, at least smarter than a spammer.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Jul 17, 2013, 09:13 PM
GardenSprite
(2) Post the same pitch over and over again, especially if no one responds.
Jul 18, 2013, 10:50 AM
swschrad
(3) get smarter about where you buy your nails. last box, half the heads were on the wrong dayamn end!

Jul 18, 2013, 10:58 AM
GardenSprite
(4) Post the same pitch not only over and over in the same forum, but expand to other sections of forums to get a broader audience.

(5) Better yet, take out a TV ad. It'll help the stations with their revenue management. Ads in the middle of the night are best - few people will be up to watch them so they can be run over and over and over again ad nauseum.
Jul 30, 2013, 10:19 AM
donut
Roll Eyes The answer is not to make big dollars with improvements but to charge a fair price and do the best job you can,,,using quality products and have your homework done for the job. I would be prouder of my job and happier with a fair price than trying to make alot of money..reputation is more important than filling your pockets..as long as you meet costs and make a % ...that should be the answer
Jul 30, 2013, 04:39 PM
swschrad
well, yeah, but what we are doing here is ganging up on stupid spammers who won't move on to something more their style, like a Khardasians website. there is usually a spammy spammy spammer one post below.