DIY Message Boards
advice on flooring please?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8491013504/m/9283935477

Oct 14, 2013, 08:40 PM
Chickamon
advice on flooring please?
I am remodeling a slab home. Concrete slab is uneven. I am considering leveling but once slab is leveled...what type of flooring would be recommended for me. Issue: I have very big dogs and 3 live in the house. Will porcelain tile hold up? No wood or laminate will work for me. Are there any other options for me? I will have to be able to clean it regularly. I am afraid that tile will crack even after leveling.
Oct 14, 2013, 11:17 PM
joecaption
Why would the tile crack?
Sheet linoleum or tile would have been what I suggested.

joecaption
Oct 20, 2013, 07:51 PM
joecercone
How uneven is the slab? If you were to level it and install ceramic tile, the floor would be just about impervious to damage from the dogs. However, it is hard and can be cold, so you need to put down some area rugs. Otherwise, linoleum or vinyl tile would work as joecaption suggests.
Oct 21, 2013, 09:13 AM
Conrad
Commercial sheet flooring is really good. It costs a bit more than the c rap that Home Depot sells, and you will need to shop at a flooring store, not a flooring department in another store.
The commercial products are heavy, lifetime guaranteed for home installation and 25 years for commercial buildings. Overall patterns can be found, lots of color choices and also stone pattern look and wood look so you are not stuck with grid lines.