All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Floors    advice on flooring please?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

advice on flooring please? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I am remodeling a slab home. Concrete slab is uneven. I am considering leveling but once slab is leveled...what type of flooring would be recommended for me. Issue: I have very big dogs and 3 live in the house. Will porcelain tile hold up? No wood or laminate will work for me. Are there any other options for me? I will have to be able to clean it regularly. I am afraid that tile will crack even after leveling.

Posts: 1 | Location: Missouri | Registered: Oct 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Why would the tile crack?
        Sheet linoleum or tile would have been what I suggested.

joecaption

Posts: 18028 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        How uneven is the slab? If you were to level it and install ceramic tile, the floor would be just about impervious to damage from the dogs. However, it is hard and can be cold, so you need to put down some area rugs. Otherwise, linoleum or vinyl tile would work as joecaption suggests.

Posts: 841 | Location: Rogers City, MI | Registered: Sep 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Commercial sheet flooring is really good. It costs a bit more than the c rap that Home Depot sells, and you will need to shop at a flooring store, not a flooring department in another store.
        The commercial products are heavy, lifetime guaranteed for home installation and 25 years for commercial buildings. Overall patterns can be found, lots of color choices and also stone pattern look and wood look so you are not stuck with grid lines.

Posts: 6884 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post