All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Floors    Hardwood in a morning room
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Hardwood in a morning room Sign In/Join 
        Picture of Musicman53
        posted
        I want to install hardwood flooring in my morning room, but am concerned about it fading due to the sun coming through the windows. The windows are tinted with a 3m product, but the room gets sun all morning. Is there a finish that will protect hardwood or an engineered hardwood floor that will stand up to the sun?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        You can make sure that whatever finish you use has UV protection in it (most do). However, any naturally finished product is going to change tint and color over time - even if it is not in direct sunlight.

Jaybee

Posts: 10111 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Musicman53
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks Jaybee. I thought that might be the response I would get. I have been considering using tile ti mitigate the sun problem. I will see if anyone else has any ideas. Thanks again for the response.

posted Hide Post
        Or if you want something that looks like wood, a laminate floor might be an option. Shouldn't fade or darken like wood.

Posts: 834 | Location: Rogers City, MI | Registered: Sep 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Musicman53
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for the tip. That gives me another option.