All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Floors    marble on drywall accent wall
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

marble on drywall accent wall Sign In/Join 
        posted
        The best way to install 12 in. x 12 in. White Polished Marble tile on my dinning room Wall. Do I have to use backer board. and white thinset or dark thinset it will be 8ft tall to 6ft wide around my electric wall mount fireplace.
        There is no water near this wall is accent wall in dinning room.
        Thanks

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        I would go with the white thinset just to avoid seeing any of the grey in the spaces between tile. This would be true if you are grouting or just butting the edges together.

You may even find a mastic that will work - and will be easier to install the tile. However, you'll likely have to do a few rows at a time, let the mastic cure and then continue.

Jaybee

Posts: 10480 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post