All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Landscaping & Gardening    Toos fro shrub removal
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Toos fro shrub removal Sign In/Join 
        posted
        What is the machine that removes shrubs by digging in and grabbing, shaking, and pulling out the old shrub? I saw this on an old Desperate Landscapes show. I need to rent one of those, NOW.

Posts: 1 | Location: Kalamazoo | Registered: Apr 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        If you're looking for an answer from the show producers, they don't monitor this forum and won't be seeing your request.

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        stump chippers are a (sorta) self-powered tool with a big ragged cutterhead... steer them into a stump field and get to grinding. they will also do a number on any utility lines that run next to a stump, so if you rent one, call your "one-call" locator service two to three days ahead of time to get the yard marked.

they may not catch any items homeowner-installed like feeds to the grill, lighting, or water/sewer to patio kitchens. look at your home, look at the stuff in the yard, and be careful if there is a visible service leaving the wall.

this is a non-trivial rental, and you will need a 2-inch hitch vehicle to tow the trailer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5485 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        I've seen anything that also going to shake it but one of these with the right attacment will sure pull them out by the roots.
        http://www.toro.com/en-us/golf...s/pages/default.aspx

I just use my trailer hitch and a chain most of the time.
        Make sure to call Miss Utility before doing an digging!

joecaption

Posts: 17988 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of lesliemorris85
        posted Hide Post
        They’re called shrub pullers, I think, and the size and type depends on what you want pulled.

Posts: 15 | Location: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: Jan 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post