DIY Message Boards
Toos fro shrub removal

This topic can be found at:

Apr 07, 2013, 01:35 PM
Toos fro shrub removal
What is the machine that removes shrubs by digging in and grabbing, shaking, and pulling out the old shrub? I saw this on an old Desperate Landscapes show. I need to rent one of those, NOW.
Apr 08, 2013, 05:31 PM
If you're looking for an answer from the show producers, they don't monitor this forum and won't be seeing your request.
Apr 08, 2013, 06:25 PM
stump chippers are a (sorta) self-powered tool with a big ragged cutterhead... steer them into a stump field and get to grinding. they will also do a number on any utility lines that run next to a stump, so if you rent one, call your "one-call" locator service two to three days ahead of time to get the yard marked.

they may not catch any items homeowner-installed like feeds to the grill, lighting, or water/sewer to patio kitchens. look at your home, look at the stuff in the yard, and be careful if there is a visible service leaving the wall.

this is a non-trivial rental, and you will need a 2-inch hitch vehicle to tow the trailer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Apr 09, 2013, 06:50 AM
I've seen anything that also going to shake it but one of these with the right attacment will sure pull them out by the roots.

I just use my trailer hitch and a chain most of the time.
Make sure to call Miss Utility before doing an digging!

Apr 16, 2013, 10:12 PM
They’re called shrub pullers, I think, and the size and type depends on what you want pulled.