All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Landscaping & Gardening    A Big Easy Transformation
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

A Big Easy Transformation Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I watched an episode today of Desperate Landscapes, A Big Easy Transformation. Can anybody tell me what the name of the green and white plant with a splash of red is called? It was used along the wrought iron fence line and lined the front of the flower bed next to the house.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I didn't see this episode but if you can describe the plant, it might be easier to determine what it is.

What was the height? Is it a bush? What kind of leaves did it have? I.e., long, pointed, short, rounded?

Offhand it sounds like a bromeliad, but I'm not sure if they're outdoor plants in NO. Here in the North, they're only indoor plants.

Posts: 1929 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I have drove myself crazy looking for the same plant. It looks like a hosts plant with red in it. It starts with an s, I'll let you know if I figure it out!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        The plant is called Stromanthe.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post