All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Landscaping & Gardening    Prevent plants to grow behind shed?
        Page 1 2 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Prevent plants to grow behind shed? Sign In/Join 
        posted Hide Post
        If not using a poured pad.
        I would use 4" x 4" treated timber for ground contact whether you're buying or building, place them atop your pavers.
        Place the timbers every 4' and run the floor joist perpendicular to them.

Posts: 921 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Quanghoc, didn't you post sometime last year about a plant you found when visiting someplace in California? Maybe that's where I got the idea that you lived in California.

Sorry to take the thread in this direction, but I just remember associating your name with California.

Right.. you have great memory! Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I have another question, I am thinking about edging the paver area with this. Is it a good idea?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_303969...%3Dedging&facetInfo=

Posts: 284 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Works fine for a walk way that your going to use sand to fill in between the landscape stones but not needed for what your doing.

joecaption

Posts: 18046 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Yeah I am just being over cautious because Seattle rain fall is high so lots of water washing things away

posted Hide Post
        And here we go my nice shed

Thanks for the great advise of having the shed bit far from the fence. Otherwise, it would take me forever to assemble this shed

posted Hide Post
        It would be too close for my area 8' - 10' from fence, but at least now your able to spray a little weed killer between shed and fence.
        But hey... That's a nice looking shed, I really like the doors.
        Will you be putting in a ramp.?

Posts: 921 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post