DIY Message Boards
Sprinkler system - zone question

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8421916776/m/5343965177

Jun 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
eggs32000
Sprinkler system - zone question
We have a sprinkler system with 7 zones and a programmable timer box. The sprinklers in our "Zone 1" continue to run when the timer switches to "Zone 2" or 3 or any of the other zones. As long as the sprinkler system is running for any zone, the three sprinkler heads in "Zone 1" keep shooting out water too. We just installed a new timer box, thinking that might be the problem (it was acting wonky in other ways as well). The other issues we had with the system were fixed, but not this issue with the "Zone 1" sprinklers not knowing when to stop. Any ideas for us? Many thanks!
Jun 24, 2013, 12:32 PM
swschrad
wiring to the valve? I'd start with a 12 or 24 volt bulb wired in parallel with the zone 1 valve. if it stays on all the time anything is being watered, there is a system wiring error in the field, perhaps the valve bein in series with a common wire. otherwise, the valve needs replacement, it's sticking.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Jun 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
Frodo
you have a wiring clitch. gotta have.
sprinkler zone valves are a single valve that is 24 volts. with a wire going back to the zone valve timer box. if 2 are coming on at the same time. and shutting off at the same time. when you replaced the timer control
you hooked it up the same way you found it. so the

problem is the same
dig up the wires at the timer control area. and Physically trace the wires to the timmer.
your going to find two wires hooked together.

altho i usually agree with my buddy swschrad, i have to disagree about a bad valve
if a bad valve the water would stay on..because it is shutting off.. the problem is in the control wiring
in my humble opinion

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E