All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Landscaping & Gardening    Share your gardening photos for a chance to win prizes.
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Share your gardening photos for a chance to win prizes. Sign In/Join 
        Picture of DIYAdmin2
        posted
        We’re picking our favorite photos from HGTVGardens and giving out prizes each week. Our Editors’ Pic could be yours! Details here: http://www.hgtvgardens.com/sho...nch_20130308_6207104

DIY Admin2

Posts: 295 | Location: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Good post, Garden Sprite!

Posts: 6894 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks, Conrad. Sadly, I doubt if this will make any difference to someone who truly wants his/her 15 minutes of cyberfame.

Posts: 1949 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        My garden had 8" of some type of a white flaky powder on it this morning... Big Grin I too would be leery of posting pics.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1550 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Sparky, do you have cracks in the garden soil?
        With all that flaky powder you describe...maybe is has a really bad "crack" habit.:0

Remember back in the day...the mods used remove off topic posts/responses like these?

Posts: 6894 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Maybe Sparky's soil is spontaneously producing a commodity that some folks pay big bucks to use. Maybe Sparky should set up a website on how to use flaky powder found on soil in winter, post on all the DIY websites, provide a link to his website, and see how many hits he can get?

I too have some strange white stuff on the soil but the sun is gradually making it disappear. Wonder how I can exploit this and start spamming on DIY sites with links to a website so I can get some money to buy garden seeds without actually having to work? Apparently for some people work is the new anathema and activity to be avoided if one can post idiotic advice on DIY sites.

Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Odd flake like item disappearing. Photo to follow..

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1550 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I wonder if the button "Report Post" doesn't do anything good. Never tried though

Posts: 280 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Quanghoc, several of us have reported spammers and trolls, many times. Nothing is done. I've e-mailed the webmaster. Nothing is done. And the spammers keep coming, new ones almost on a regular basis.

Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        e

your picture is of a sick plant, looks like to much water.....

ewwwwwwww.....your in trouble!!!!
        i'm gonna tell garden sprite....you better pray!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,

Posts: 4089 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Frodo,

I heard, I was e-mailed, I was called, and I came and I'm here to offer my expert gardening opinion (laughing myself silly as I think how arrogant this sounds!) Big Grin Big Grin Now, where's my darn Superwoman outfit??

Seriously, if this photo is an example of the poster's ability to solve landscaping problems, I think he/she needs to start school all over again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Oh gosh...LOVE that polka dotted variegated variety of plant. PLLEEASSE tell me how to achieve this on my own vegetation???

Water more, and more and more? Introduce plant to friendly fungus? Use a paint brush? I WANT IT!Big Grin

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Conrad, it is quite a lovely combination, isn't it? Lustrous green leaves adorned with variations of fall's rusty color with a touch of black in the center. Wonderful color choice. Let's hope some powdery mildew grows to add a misty touch of white. Maybe some little insects will be attracted to the diseased leaves and begin establishing colonies. Hopefully they'll come in nice fall colors to add to the color pallette.

I think it's actually a special variation of a leaf fungus or leaf blight. Perhaps "Kwikfynd" can, like, share her secrets with you, ya know what I, like, mean?

If you want to create your own fungal blight, yes, you should, like, water, water, water, and also, like, cut off all circulation. Maybe tie a plastic bag over the leaves to keep all the moisture in and create an environment for fungus to thrive.

Or find some rose leaves with black spot, take them and rub them against all the healthy leaves on your plants.

Or, like, maybe you can take your paint brush and paint all your leaves, ya know what I mean? Shouldn't take you more than several weeks!

If you do ask for help on other forums, be sure to use Kwykfynd's youthful vernacular so you can relate on her level.

(And thanks for the very amusing post!)