All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    I have never thought i would ever do labor work and I am having the best time gutting
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

I have never thought i would ever do labor work and I am having the best time gutting Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have never done anything that was laborous, but since watching and living on DIY we are doing a kitchen makeover. The cabinets themsleves are 20 grand just for the wood.We are using cherry wood with a chestnut finish and putting in a beautiful quartz countertop then we are getting all new appliances the one i love is a panneled refidgerator. I have taken off all the tile that was in the kitchen bathroom that we are removing and It was so easy to do since I have watched all the shows on DIY. then i removed all the tile flooring which I lov doing and also saw on diy. now i am in the mioddle of taking down all the cabinets. I also removed the tin ceiling and saved it due to projects that i saw on tv that i can reuse it to make some art projects from it I am going to make 2 coat racks with it wrapped around a piece of wood and putting on hangers and also will be using it for a garden box wrap which i also saw on diy. If u would ever get to know my and my life u would never have thought how much I enjoy doing this and would love to do this for a living. I want to learn so much and enjoy every bit that i have seen on tv and now get to do it. Our kitchen was showcased on a facebook site for society people. Like i said the wood, hood range and quartz came out to 20grand but it is all worth it. I do need to figure out how to remove the countertops and how to post pics to here thank you DIY!!!!

andrew nemeth

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi padrew,

There is much satisfaction to be gained by doing your our DIY Projects so long as you do them properly.

Your desire to post pictures of your project can be done by using an online source to store your pictures. Free Online storage of pictures can be done at several sites such as Photobucket and Google Picasa.

If you wish to post pictures here on the DIY Boards, all pictures need to be no more than 100Kb in size and thus will likely need to be re-sized. A free program that does this is PictureGirdle and there are 2 versions to consider depending on your Operating System. PictureGirdle 2.0 works with Windows XP and Vista. PictureGirdle 3.0.0.3 works with Windows 7 and 8. Both with require Windows Updates of Net Framework to work properly. This program always creates and exact image of the Original Photo which is less than 100Kb while leaving the Original in tact.

Some thoughts to consider.

Good Luck!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sandylee123
        posted Hide Post
        Hello, padrew. i am new here too and look farword to your pics Razz

Posts: 123 | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post