All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    What type of sink is this
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

What type of sink is this Sign In/Join 
        posted
        What's the name of this sink. I thought it was farm sink but that just shows me the modern ones without the wall mount part. And when I search for apron, again it doesn't give me the back part.
        Thanks!
        http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Gi...20%26scrollTop%3D138

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Kohler says it's a Gilford Wink

looks like a janitor sink extended back to mount on the wall, but I have actually seen similar sinks in a 100-year-old university hall bathroom. classic ancient bath that still had the original overhead-tank urinals.

that would fit in a classic old farmhouse kitchen.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5719 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        It's damn expensive, that's for sure.

I installed one just like this as a farmhouse sink.

Jaybee

Posts: 10292 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        i call it a wall hung utility sink

usually found in the washer dryer area of a commercial building

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I noticed the description refers t-o the sink as being made of vitreous china. Wouldn't that make it susceptible t-o scratching if not breakage? Or is it assumed that some coating would have been applied?

Posts: 1901 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        vitreous china is heavily glazed. that's pretty resistant. for example, the t.oilet, all vitreous except the seat (unless you are reading this from a jailhouse, in which case it's stainless steel, no seat, and the sink is in the top.)

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5719 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Swschrad, thanks for the explanation. If it weren't for the price, I'd really love to have a sink like that - if only for practical reasons. It's just so much easier to wash large produce, like zucchini and pumpkins. No wonder it was a farmhouse style.

posted Hide Post
        That's why i needed to know the type of sink it is so I can search for a cheaper one. The least expensive one I've found was for 650. I'm remodeling my kitchen and want to go for a country look. Thanks everybody!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Maybe you could find one at places that have old things from old houses...I don't remember what they're called but I've seen TOH go there to find specific architectural elements that suited their projects. These rehab stores may have sinks as well, especially if you can find one located close to farm country, or maybe Amish or Mennonite country.

Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        contact a plumbing co,,,old fixtures are not thrown away wen taken out
        they get put in the back of the lot..till somebody comes along sand wants a vintage/old blue, yellow, 70's or 80;s style bathroom
        i have a blue tub, toilet, 2 wall hung sinks out back you interested?
        also have a rose colored bathroom..the guys call it TXXXY pink 'ugly'
        claw foot tub? they dont last long

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Google Farm sink

joecaption

Posts: 18025 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post

Posts: 827 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post