DIY Message Boards
right or wrong?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8091013504/m/7113913177

Jun 13, 2013, 10:10 PM
sissypig
right or wrong?
Paid for a measure of cabinets. bought new applainces. worked with kitchen designer. came home with printout of layout and the measurements. Using those measurements we put up the can lighting in ceiling to be centered with each cabinet. Then cabinets came and were installed by the guy who measured and the lighting doesn't line up.... UGH! Shouldn't those measurements on the printout have been right??????
Jun 13, 2013, 11:25 PM
Jaybee
You've got a couple of posts now about obviously not being pleased with your new kitchen. I believe that your problems are probably caused by using the 'free' design services at Home Depot. You must realize that using a big box store that offers basic design services and then subcontracts installs is not the same as paying for a designer and contractor to set up and oversee your project. Aside from getting what you pay for with free services you may want to look through whatever paperwork you have to see if the phrase "must field verify" appears. If that is there then you are probably sunk, as you are the one acting as the contractor.

However it was set up, you need to talk to a store manager to work this out. They may work with you, they may not, depending on how all this was set up.

Jaybee
Jun 14, 2013, 04:54 AM
Frodo
deja vu/ I thought i read this already

you gonna call ho depot this am?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,
Dec 15, 2013, 08:26 AM
CommonwealthSparky
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
You've got a couple of posts now about obviously not being pleased with your new kitchen. I believe that your problems are probably caused by using the 'free' design services at Home Depot. You must realize that using a big box store that offers basic design services and then subcontracts installs is not the same as paying for a designer and contractor to set up and oversee your project. Aside from getting what you pay for with free services you may want to look through whatever paperwork you have to see if the phrase "must field verify" appears. If that is there then you are probably sunk, as you are the one acting as the contractor.

However it was set up, you need to talk to a store manager to work this out. They may work with you, they may not, depending on how all this was set up.

Must field certify. The CYA of draftsmen everywhere.
SPAM BUMPO Roll Eyes

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...
Dec 15, 2013, 09:32 PM
SturdyNail
sissypig, how far out of line are the lights?

I'm interested in hearing how this problem gets resolved.

Also, very interested in bumping the incredibly annoying SPAM!