All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    Lowes Unassembled Cabinets
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Lowes Unassembled Cabinets Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Lowes dropped the ball

I am a general contractor attempting to complete a kitchen update. I have purchased numerous self assemble cabinet kits from "kitchen classics" line. Lowes stores have stopped carrying the line in my state. I called thier product service line 1(877)465-6937. I have given the SKU number to no less than 3 of thier representatives on 3 separate calls and was told that they would call me back. Not one called me, nor entered any information about my request in the database. The last gentleman left me on hold for half an hour before I hung up. There seems to be no accountability for their actions.

Posts: 1 | Location: Davie | Registered: Nov 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        why not try returning them to Lowes, They have a pretty lenient return policy especially if you tell them of your attempts to get help

Posts: 2581 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        A contractor that buys cabinets that need to be assembled. Hmm.
        Unless it was a customers request and time and materials no way would I be doing it.

joecaption

Posts: 18036 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Over what period of time have 3 people failed to respond? Was it hours, days? Perhaps someone's still working on the issue.

What is the source of your statement that they failed to enter information about your request in their database? If your contact was by phone, you wouldn't have access to Lowe's database, or did the employee(s) confirm this fact for you? I would have thought that Lowe's database would be privileged information and wouldn't be available to consumers or GCs.

I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering if there are some misunderstandings here.

But if you're really not getting support from them, go higher up the food chain.

These are some numbers that might help, although they're for consumers, not GCs. Still, they might give you some referral contacts.

Customer service: 1 (800) 445-6937 (Consumer)

Technical support: 1 (800) 890-5932 (Consumer)

Lowe's Engaging Employees profile states that their employees go above and beyond every day.

Let Lowe's know that 3 of their employees have failed to uphold its standards. But document the facts as these 3 may have had legitimate reasons for not responding - perhaps they needed more time to locate the cabinets but weren't clear in their conversations to you what action they would be taking.

If you're still not getting support, use statements from Lowe's corporate profile and Vision and Values to support your position and contact higher-ups as referenced below.

If you really need to play hardball, contact some of these folks, such as the Chief Customer Officer: Lowe's Executive Officers

Perhaps Lowe's can ship what you need from inventory in a state in which the Kitchen Classics line is still carried.

I think there still may be some avenues to explore before you give up. Or as Nona suggests, return the products and be clear that you're not satisfied with customer support.

Good luck. I hope you can work out a solution and get the cabinets you need.

I'm just a regular consumer but have always had good cooperation from Lowe's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1948 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post