All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    My 33 yr old kitchen is falling, need help
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

My 33 yr old kitchen is falling, need help Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Confused

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        If you are serious, then get some estimates and establish a budget. Nobody is going to give you a kitchen from posting a smiley face on these boards.

Jaybee

Posts: 10452 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I know nobody will give me a kitchen, I need to know the steps to replace the cabinets and floor. I need someone to assisst me and not cost me more money than I have.I don't want to tear down walls I need, or a post that might make my roof cave in on me. I just need some guild lines to replace my cabinets and floors.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        The first step is to assess what you are capable of doing. Do you know what design you want the kitchen to be? If so, how much of that work are you able to do yourself?

From there, get some local estimates. If you are able to do some work yourself, you will have to shop around for a contractor who is willing to work with you in that area. A good first step in this is to locate the materials you will need like flooring and countertops. Check with where you find them for installers - most places can point you in the right direction with at least a few recommendations.

If you are able to DIY the entire process then you can get some decent advice here, but your information needs to be a little more specific as to what you can and can't do and what you are trying to accomplish. A kitchen refresh of new cabinets and flooring can be a good DIY project if you have some basic skills and tools. It gets much more complex if you are relocating the layout or enlarging the space. Pictures always help.

Jaybee

Posts: 10452 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I would start at Lowe's or home Depot. If you talk to their cabinet department they will send someone out to measure for you and then they can help you design a layout what you would like. They (Lowe's) did a whole new layout for our kitchen for free and they even offered to help with a whole kitchen design from flooring to ceilings. If you need a contractor, they also have a list of contractors they work with regularly but I recommend you check out any contractors through the BBB and spend a few dollars and check them out on angies list.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post