All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    Oak Country Kitchen Nightmare. Contemporary dream on a budget
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Oak Country Kitchen Nightmare. Contemporary dream on a budget Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I would love to be on this show! Want to come to FL? I don't know where to begin with optimizing the functionality and cosmetics of the space to contemporary/transitional,clean lines,functional,timeless.
        Thoughts?

Posts: 1 | Location: FL | Registered: Sep 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Have you looked at Ikea kitchens? They can look very modern, are very sturdy and affordable!
        We have an old farmhouse and just bought the Lindingo Grey cabinets as we cant have a real modern look.
        They even havea software you can use to draw out your kitchen.
        Good luck!!!!!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        the cabinets look fine. that island is what is killing the flow in the kitchen. more light would help define things, say, a track light or one of those 3 or 4 light ceiling fixtures that is track light heads that mounts like a regular ceiling fixture.

I would get some cardboard, scrap plywood, anything, and cut it to the dimensions of the island. move it around to see if there is a corner by the beams into the dining room where it can serve as a breakfast bar. moving it will require floor work, and if there are services into it like water/drain/power, it's a major undertaking.

but I'd take the cabinets just as they are, just define workspaces with some lights as described.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post