All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    Lay plywood or try to match tile floor?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Lay plywood or try to match tile floor? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Okay so I just bought a house and am in the process of redoing the kitchen. The previous owners put in new 18in tile flooring but left the original cabinets so so tile under old cabinets. My new cabinets will be longer than the original ones, so should I just lay plywood to even out the floor or try to find the tile and tile it?

Floor

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        If your new cabinets cover all the ugly, then all you need is a strip at the back wall to support the back of the cabinet and keep it level. This can be a ~3" wide strip of just about any hard material that matches the thickness of the tile and thinset.

Jaybee

Posts: 10121 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post