All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    Hate my kitchen
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Hate my kitchen Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Mad Hate my kitchen, we bough my inlaws house and their kitchen was white and I hate it, white cabites, white floor, black and white tiles.....white white white.....
        My would like to retouch the touch the house to make a little our, my inlaws still think that is theirs because I think it looks the same....Please help meeeeeee.....

Natalia Mendoza

Posts: 3 | Location: Queens, New York | Registered: Mar 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        @Naty, go ahead and do a kitchen remodeling! Change what you don’t like. Pick different color for your tiles and paint the kitchen cabinets. Bring a personal note to that room. Now, the home is yours to keep, so you can redo everything you want. That house must be your home.

Posts: 26 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        don't rush into the job, take a little time to look over what interests you, and do it over in your favorite colors and textures. in the meantime, telegraph what's going on since they visit by putting some magazine clippings on the cupboards, and some color chip cards here and there.

we left our dingy dark kitchen as it was for almost a year when we bought our place, because we wanted to be sure what we were thinking was the right move. wanted to take on the most important remodel first. it worked out well, and now in 7 years, we've redone the whole place for us.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5728 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        The house is now yours, and that includes the kitchen - as us women often spend many hours in the kitchen, you have 100% artistic license to do what you want with it. Check your budget, family situation (kids, animals etc) as these 2 things can influence your choice...and get searching!
        I recently invested on a new Aran kitchen from Aran Cucine Cucine Italiane in Rome, I know it's a bit far from home, but Aran kitchens are the most sold Italian Kitchens worldwide so you can get one wherever. My Aran Penelope has literally turned my life around. If you decide to go "DIY" it's worth checking out their range anyway for some neat design ideas.
        Good Luck

Posts: 1 | Location: Rome Italy | Registered: Jun 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Went to the Aran Cucine website and it's ALL in Italian! How can someone order something if they don't speak that language?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Try this: http://www.arancucine.us/

Then click on Locations & Contacts. There's a location in California.

Your post and profile don't indicate where you are, so you might have to do a little bit more searching to see if there's a location near you.

Posts: 1906 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post