DIY Message Boards
Loose kitchen faucet handle

This topic can be found at:

May 19, 2013, 06:23 PM
Loose kitchen faucet handle
I purchased a home with a loose kitchen faucet, and the faucet is unmarked, so I don't know the maker. I cannot get any tool in the underside to tighten. Needle nose - not enough room to turn. Crescent wrench - too big. All I can do it finger tighten and then wait for a few days for it to get loose again. Any help would be appreciated.

Kitchen faucet above and below

May 19, 2013, 06:31 PM
Most times there is enough room to get a regular wrench in there - you can only get a partial turn but eventually it will get tight.

Otherwise, that 'duck bill' clamp an be removed, the black braided hose removed and the nut tightened with a deep socket. There are also plumbing specific wrenches available that can fit up in there.

May 23, 2013, 02:59 PM
you need a basin wrench and patience

i use my basin wrench to turn on the water meter!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frodo,*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E
May 23, 2013, 07:27 PM

This one tool can do 6 differant jobs.

Looks like one of those piece of poop
Price Pfister faucets.