All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Kitchen    refinishing countertops & tile
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

refinishing countertops & tile Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have found a new fantastic product that makes it easy to refinish countertops and tile. DAICH products, which is a natural stone, mixed with a superhard paint. ALL products needed, including paint trays, brushes, mask EVERYTHING is included in kit.

I refinished 15 yr old blue formica counter top and rope ceramic tile behind sink. Although it took awhile (primer, paint, 2 coats of sealer) it was SO WORTH the trouble. I cannot begin to describe how good it looks and how pleased I am with it. NOTE: PLEASE be sure to watch the website video before starting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lisahud,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I tried that product -- completely useless. It failed, it pealed, and the company didn't give a damn about helping me. They got my money, and then didn't care about their product completely failing.

Posts: 880 | Location: No. California | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Wow a first time poster with a testimonial for a product and not asking a question.
        I wonder if it's spam. Not!

joecaption

Posts: 17999 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Yeah as a pro at this i can tell you it wont work. Total waste of time.

Posts: 3 | Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Nov 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        As a property mgr. for many years I've worked on turnovers including kitchens and the countertops. The trick with these type of products is to start with a super clean surface and follow the manufacturer's directions. It's not a permanent fix but I've seen it come out well and can last for quite awhile, providing you allow them to cure properly and don't abuse them later. Use mild soap & water to clean them, had a resident take a scrub brush and comet to them one time, ruined one section. The rest of the countertop looked fine though. Oh and be careful about food contact, some of the products are toxic so always use a cutting board or something.

I've seen good results with recoating bathroom tubs and counters too Again, not a permanent fix...Use top quality products too.

Posts: 5 | Location: Southern California, now in Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post