DIY Message Boards
Kitchen cabinet hardwart

This topic can be found at:

Mar 26, 2013, 02:39 PM
Kitchen cabinet hardwart
I am about to buy a house that has older cabinets with the kitchen cabinets that have the hardware in the center of the upper cabinet doors. I am afraid if I remove it- leaving the hole to patch- that it will look goofy. Any suggestion on what I can put there and move the hardware to the appropriate place?
Mar 26, 2013, 03:40 PM
you could use bar hardware and reuse the existing hole as the inboard mounting spot.

you could replace the doors only and drill for more normal locations.

you could also put hooks in those holes for potholders, spare socks, etc. I trust you are saying these holes are in the middle of the bottom of the door, not the middle of the panel. if in the panel, you could put little nooses on hooks there. discourage "forever" guests... Wink

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Dec 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
Fairly clear that posting a reply triggers an instant post from a spammer. Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...