DIY Message Boards
Hardwood Flooring

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8091013504/m/3773931077

Apr 29, 2013, 01:57 PM
Thurlowboys3
Hardwood Flooring
We are finishing our new house and are getting ready to put the floors in the kitchen/living area. We have ordered our Cabinets which will be a Toffee color and we have some tongue and groove on the cathedral ceiling and one wall. I really want a color that will bring everything together but we can not seem to agree on anything. I really like the dark color flooring and think it would really bring everything together but there are so many different colors. Anyone have any suggestions on what color might go well with both the toffee and the light color of the tongue and groove??
May 10, 2013, 03:29 AM
Simon Rex
Usually in this case people choose the contrast color like dark and light contrast so you can use any light color like sharp creamy it will look good. Your builder also can help you in this matter because he have experience also consulted with him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Simon Rex,

Melbourne home builders
May 10, 2013, 11:18 AM
Simply_Me
Hi Thurlowboys3,

Choosing colours in a home is one of personal preference which can be uniquely individual in nature. In other words we each have our own desire as to which colour is appealing and it may not match yours, yet each of us is correct in their choice, because its a personal preference.

To make it easier for others to assist you, take a variety of pictures of the areas which will have a bearing on the colour of the flooring which you wish to choose. Then upload them to a Free site such as www.PhotoBucket.com where you can create a Free Account to store 1Gb of pictures for Free. Now return here to the DIY Boards and post a message regarding your flooring and also add Links to the pictures at PhotoBucket in your message here. Doing this will allow others to view the areas note the colours and make suggestions which may be helpful to you in making a decision. As the old saying states, "a picture is worth a 1000 words".

These are just some thoughts to consider.

Good Luck!