All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  Man Caves    Need Help
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Need Help Sign In/Join 
        posted
        We have a 24x44 game bldg with all open area except 2 support posts. 2nd flr storage area. Hubby & I can't agree style. He has it all designed out in AutoCAD, but we don't agree. Probably biggest problem is lack of funds. We built building in 2008. It's just been dried in storage. Need Help as he's purchasing items we're not yet ready for. Needs built from studs to completion.

Posts: 1 | Location: Santa Fe, TX | Registered: Aug 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        cart before the horse. do the room, then add the toys; most are going down in price over time. just my two cents. home centers put the products on sale all the time, mold-resistant drywall, insulation, flooring goes on sale 2 to 6 times a year around here. I suspect there's a fear of hosing up the remodel behind this.

next sale, rent a pickup and get the insulation, and the drywall if you are feeling flush. git 'r' dun. get paint at the next sale; I'm sold on the microceramic paints, absolutely sold, carpet layers couldn't scratch it laying the carpet. washes magically.

that's how we got our DIY remodels done, sale on the next item needed usually came about as we were getting close to needing it.

very long odds to get Man Caves to do your space, very long, but from the home page click "Be On DIY" and try it. tens of thousands probably apply, and there are 10-16 shows done a year. if you don't look really good in pictures, you probably won't pass the first cut. after all, these shows are television.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5479 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post