All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Building  Hop To Forums  Best-Built Home    Removed as Requested
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Removed as Requested Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Removed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OmniMax Roofing,

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jul 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Folks, this is a very aggressive troller/spammer with a big hand out to get donations.

As of now, he's posted in 4 of the subforums here. And all he wants is your money to allegedly help his research.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        It appears that BS makes an excellent roofing material.

And you sir, are full of it. You have a Velcro attached rubberised roof shingle. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but as all your promotions are the same 'heavy on praise and short on facts" approach of a typical detailed scam I can only assume that you are very busy trolling for investors.

We get many spammers and scammers here - all who feel that they are above following the simple rules of the site - rules BTW that are universal to almost every internet message board. There is no advertising. The only response for a legitimate business venture that has inadvertently broken that rule is, 'Oops, our bad. We will delete our posts immediately"

Everything else is a scam.

Jaybee

Posts: 10111 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by OmniMax Roofing:
        Now that we have all of that out of the way, would you care to really discuss the topic?

1. Yes, there has been a huge spam problem on this site lately and yes, most people here are getting over it.
        2. Some people here are new DIYers, others are seasoned professionals in the building trades. Speaking for myself, I am a GC and have been for decades. So yes, I am familiar with roofing.
        3. No, I do not know much about your product - I did a lot of link chasing and saw very little real information. I did see lots of flash and claims and lots of references to the weaknesses of current roofing systems though.
        4. I will confess to being curious as to how your roofing product is attached to a typical roof. What about it makes it so much better. I don't need testimonials and references - a simple 50 word technical explanation from one engineer to another will do.
        5. No matter how wonderful you think your product is the fact remains that these forums are set up as non-advertising. If you are the exception with your roofing product than everyone else is just as much the exception in hawking their innovative widgets. My basic thought is that anyone who cannot comprehend such a simple rule or feels that they are somehow above it cannot have much of a product either. Sorry to say but your first run here and the links you provide simply appear to be someone hawking their product for their own gains. I looked at your links and other on-line references to your product - it reminded me of a time when I was in College and answered an ad to make extra money. After enduring over an hour of twisted salesmanship and intertwined claims, it boiled down that the rep was asking us to sell bibles door to door. You have quite a bit of information available on-line. After viewing much of it I can tell you that you "have a shingle that is better than anything else out there". How that is, I have no clue. Sorry again but to me this comes off as an empty scam to raise money.

Jaybee

Posts: 10111 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Thank you for your opinion. 4 postings in category specific areas is not what I would consider spamming. We are turning to the consumer for support, but the industry has done nothing to improve in over 100 years. Do you think they want you to have a system that last? I see you have ALL the answers. Thank you for your valuable guidance and insight. Have a great day!

And, we wonder why every other country in the world is out innovating the U.S.

Four posts on the same topic with the same pitch for funding is in my opinion spamming, if not overkill.

I don't have any technical answers to improvement of roofing systems, nor did I pretend to. I addressed your violation of the TOS by advertising (and fundraising pitch).

As I wrote elsewhere, I think your argument with roofing technology status quo is not consistent with the purpose of this forum.

Based on your response to Jaybee, it appears as though you don't consider your post spam. And once again you address issues of marketing new technology, which is not within the scope of this forum.

I also disagree heartily with your statement that "every other country in the world" is out innovating the U.S.

Do you consider that China is in this category? Russia? How do you think they developed some of their military systems, especially their fighters? By their own efforts?

This is yet another attempt to divert attention from the fact that you're trolling for support and funds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        quote:

5. ... I have spent a lot of my own money to develop this product to benefit you. I am not a wealthy man, but a man on a mission to change things for the better. You say it is wrong to ask for support. It is the community that will benefit, so why is it wrong to ask for help? I am not asking you to buy anything. I will not sell you the idea. I only ask you to evaluate the information and simply decide, is this a potentially better way? If so, is it worthy of my support? It is simply about helping one another.

So are you asking for support or a decision? And a decision based on what? Confidential data? That's unclear to me. But it stlll seems like you're asking for financial support.

And what can you offer in return? You've several times referenced confidentiality. Where are the tests and comparisons to back up your claims?
        What can you offer to potential supporters besides your word?

You wrote:

"I have spent a lot of my own money to develop this product to benefit you" and "It is simply about helping one another."

I can't even begin to describe how offensive, arrogant and condescending this statement is. It reeks of a typical con artist mentality.

We are not wealthy people either. Some of us are on SS and that's our only source of income. This is the wrong place to hit on people for funding.