All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    my log cabin bedroom needs decor!!!
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

my log cabin bedroom needs decor!!! Sign In/Join 
        posted
        hello I am in need of some decorating advice. I am trying to redecorate my master bedroom and am drawing blanks. We have a 20x28 pine log cabin room with 6 windows and a french door so there is lots of light! We live in the country and the rest of our log home is decorated in antiques and rustic items. We are a young couple and are wanting our bedroom to be romantic but fresh with maybe a little country. We don't agree on a lot color wise, but we do both like light green. We have an old barn gate as our head board and our ceilings are 16ft. vaulted so the headboard gets kinda lost. What about maybe putting lots of mirrors above gate? Any cheap decorating ideas would be great!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tatha,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I don't know what they're called, but what about a partial fabric canopy thing - pinned up higher above the bed in the center and then pulled back on each side... I'm not good at explaining things, but I can picture it. In the right fabric it could separate the bed off from the huge wall and give it a rustic/romantic feel.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Here's a resource that you may find helpful if you decide you need to replace curtains, it helped me a great deal, I hope you'll love it too.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of garethcooper9
        posted Hide Post
        About the mirrors above the gate, I think you would like it. My wife made use of mirrors when redecorating our bedroom. I liked it too

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jul 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I have to agree with you guys about the effect of a mirror in a bedroom. It makes it more dramatic and spacious. You can also add some good lighting and rustic beddings to it. I think this site can give you a good hint on what you can add on to your bedroom.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Since it sounds like you have a lot of open space and light I would go with a minimalist modern/contemporary look. Some pale olive green and red would look great against natural wood tones. Perhaps accenting in burgundy as well. Ikea has a lot of great low cost options and room ideas. West Elm and Crate & Barrel and some of my favorites as well.

Retro Lou

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        From the sounds of it you have a lot of light coming into the room. I see the Brewster crushed voile being a great solution. It has a lovely colorful large scale floral pattern, on an antique background. This curtain series even has a matching scalloped valance that will work with your French door. If you’re looking to be cost effective I would recommend Swags Galore. I bought some cheap sheer curtains there and was impressed by the quality. Hope this helps!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Spam bumper Wink

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1440 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I do not know if this would work with your gate, but I thought it was a really cool rustic look.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post