All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    Ideas for 1930's-1940's era decor billiard room
        Page 1 2 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Ideas for 1930's-1940's era decor billiard room Sign In/Join 
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by GardenSprite:
        Now that is one truly beautiful room. I would give up my David Austin roses to have a room like that. And it's only $4200!

The Art Deco bar is lovely too, nice lines and simple yet elegant. Maybe there's a bar building project in your future?

quote:
        Originally posted by GardenSprite:
        Now that is one truly beautiful room. I would give up my David Austin roses to have a room like that. And it's only $4200!

The Art Deco bar is lovely too, nice lines and simple yet elegant. Maybe there's a bar building project in your future?

On break from sun And fun (thunderstorm) and thought I better reply to last post...the Art Deco bar was all the upper back area (behind bartender) from an old place in Locust point Baltimore and is too tall to use as is, decorative corners are glass rods so if I got this and cut it down the rods would need cutting also, woodwork needs some tlc,... Any thoughts on glass cutting, I've not done that before. Would send tropical photo of tropical drink but iPad doesn't want to downsize file.....

Posts: 101 | Registered: Jan 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I'm not sure that the cutting and altering the bar would preserve its Art Deco character, but it's not that easy to tell what really would need to be done from photos. I'd have to rely on your judgment.

As to glass cutting, I haven't done any since Girl Scouts, which was a few geological periods ago. Unfortunately I don't remember much, and I'm sure the technology and tools have changed for the better over the decades.

That's okay about the drink; it would just be tempting to escape from all these mountains of snow. Cool

Posts: 1917 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        as far as modifying the wood part it could just be trimming some of the straight vertical sections,try to preserve the curved parts at the top,.. Then make a base cabinet/bar for the bottom,..or modify the two shorter sides to create the base for the top longest piece??? Just thinking out loud. Got to go,tequila depletion emergency....

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Thinking out loud as well....

I think I'd plan any alterations that involve cutting wood and presumably using power equipment until you're back home and the tequila influence has entirely dissipated. Big Grin

posted Hide Post

Posts: 827 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks ron45, some good stuff there.......how did you find that link??

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Bringing this forward for a decorating update from Measure 2.

(Also a spam bumper)

posted Hide Post
        All quiet on the western .....Eastern front, been doing some insulating and checking out custom pocket door construction since I scored a double door setup that I'm going to turn into pocket doors (solid wood louvered single panel from the salvage place, 20$).
        Keeping eye out for other materials such as wall sconces (half moon I think), old frosted or similar.
        Other work at standstill until mason can come repairs on flaws that builder has saddled me with.
        The Art Deco bar would have been great but it was just too big for my plan so I may be custom building something of similar style myself.