All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    Need help with my living room.
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Need help with my living room. Sign In/Join 
        posted
        We have recently bought a new home & I really need some help arranging & decorating. I like the rustic/country look that is warm but modern. I need to work with our existing furniture but am not opposed to painting any of it or slip-covers for the 2 chairs. I also need to work with the carpet that is in here as we can't change it right now & previous owners had just installed it so it is in very good condition. Here are some of my thoughts...I know it's all dark but I'm thinking I can lighten it up & give it some color with accessories...curtains, pillows, rugs, etc and maybe painting some of the wood furniture. The room is a very odd shape & it is open to the kitchen/bar & eat-in kitchen area.The pics start from the left side of the room & then go all the way around. The fireplace is brick & we are seriously thinking about lime washing it. My husband has already taken the mantel down to start the lime wash...as you will see it is on the floor in front of the fireplace. We are also thinking to have the mantel planed down so it's not as thick (the top is warped anyway) & staining it darker. We also are planning on mounting the tv on the wall. I also have a couple of pics of a few accessories I have to work with. Any ideas & suggestions will be really welcomed!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        If you like things to be hanging on the wall, I would suggest that along with your on-the-wall TV try getting some picture frames around the TV, in the form of some design. We have like almost on the walls, yes it is very difficult to clean but I love it that way. I have some great old stuffs of mine like old girly toys and bands etc. that are my favorite hung on the wall but in a beautiful manner. I've also bought few things from nearby self-storage place (www.jiffystorage.com), like storage boxes with designs, classy ones; I've made some changes in them and are now like small cabinets but in a wonderful way. Try something different, it's your home and you should feel it to be yours.
        A basic thing all fail to understand, it's not others we should be thinking of, OUR HOME should show OUR LIKES, CHARACTER, WHO WE ARE.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of MaryHam
        posted Hide Post
        I will give you few tips which may help you to decorate your home. Pick the color of paint after selecting one from all, there are having different types of paint you choose the paint for your new home with best complements. Your living room should very fresh and there should would be large windows and doors. Try to give your furniture some breathing, you can choose the hang artwork at the right height. Arrange furniture finely in the living room, choose carpet would be very nice and unique. May these type of ideas will help you to manage and decorate your living room.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Nov 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post