All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    Dining Room Decor??
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Dining Room Decor?? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello Everyone!

My husband and I just bought a house and I am in desperate need of some decorating advice. We had our dining room table delivered right before Thanksgiving, and it looks great! I had it very nicely decorated for the holidays, but now that's over with I have no idea how or what to decorate with!

Any help would be appreciated!! Note: I would like to try and stay away from candles. I have also included a picture of my dining room for inspiration! Sorry, it's a bit dark but we don't have the best lighting in there now.

TIA!
        -Kristin

dining room

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I would describe your dining room as elegant yet simple, with the exception of the beautiful scrollwork design in the center panel.

What did you do to decorate for Thanksgiving? Did you use florals, vases, to pick up the theme of the sconces and panels?

So much depends on your own personal taste. So it's always hard to answer this kind of question.

I think I might just have a vase in neutral, such as ivory, or in chocolate colors to carry the theme of the walls. Some green would provide a nice contrast. Fresh roses in ivory would be lovely, or silk flowers if fresh are too expensive (which they are for many people).

Your DR has a lovely classically simple curvilinear style, with some complimentary linear designs in the chair back. I wouldn't overdecorate and spoil the beauty of these simple lines.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1906 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks, I actually painted that scroll work design with a stencil to add a little more character to that room. For the holidays I made full use of floral garland and candles but I like your suggestion of keeping it simple.

Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        The stenciled scrollwork is absolutely beautiful. I just LOVE it! I never considered it might be stencilled.

You came here for advice, I responded, but now I have advice I never thought of! Thanks for sharing this information. I have a large collection of stencils that I used in needlework; now some of them might be used for wall design.

Posts: 1906 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post