DIY Message Boards
Cubicle Walls

This topic can be found at:

Oct 30, 2013, 01:00 AM
Cubicle Walls
I'm new to this forum and I have a question. I'm looking for the same material that they make cubicle walls with. It's hard for me to explain, but if you work in a office, you will know what I mean. Its like the partition walls that separate you from others. The wall is like a bulletin board, that you use thumbtacks. I would like to use the same material board to cover my walls. I have disassemble a partition wall to use the board and it looks like some kind of plywood/particle board, but its not. It feels like a cardboard material that gives when you put pressure on it.

Does anybody know how they make cubical walls?

Oct 30, 2013, 04:17 PM
I believe it's a homosote type board, a cross between cardboard and masonite, with a fabric cover and steel frame between sides. it's not solid on the one oopsied partition I've seen, but there is a corrugation. the consistency is somewhat like old-time Celotex.

why not put up drywall and glue some cork to it?

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?