All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    DIY long mirror w/fabric around
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

DIY long mirror w/fabric around Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hi there
        just looking for some advice. I need to redo a long mirror for a little girls room. I want to use a polka dot fabric to glue around the frame?but then im not sure how to attach the mirror to the fabric so it stays on it? any advice?thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I'm a bit confused. Is the mirror already in the frame? If I understand, the fabric will be glued directly to the frame, but I'm confused why the mirror would also need to be attached to the fabric. Am I missing something? Or do you plan to bring the fabric over from the frame directly onto the mirror?

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi @skygirl107!

I believe you need to use a stronger glue to stick the fabric to the mirror surface. I think you can use an adhesive like Bondera or something else. Adhesives are great for DIY projects and you won’t spend a lot of time doing it.

Posts: 26 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post