All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    Need help help help!!!
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Need help help help!!! Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Can someone suggest a paint color? I have a small living room, with oak floors, a navy blue/ white piped couch, and nautical area rug full of blues, reds, nautical flags! I am not sure what wall color would go well with this stuff!!! Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Not sure how anyone here's going to know what looks good to you.
        Need to at least post a picture for some guesses.
        Check out some of the major paint companys web sites. A few have a way for you to down load a picture of your room and change the colors on screen.

joecaption

Posts: 18004 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        What color is your wall now? Questions like yours are hard to answer as no one really knows your color preferences.

But given that you've got a nautical theme with navy and red, I would use something light like off white, sand or ivory on the walls to balance the dark colors and keep the nautical theme.

Posts: 1750 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        i got a can of "bisket" colour in my hand
        you want it? email di-rections and we be right over to paint the whole house.....LOL
        what???? i like the colour bisket. gray also.

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Oh that looks catchy and trendy too..I guess It should be fine..for the bisket..

Check out body kit

Posts: 1 | Location: Morristown | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I would say that depends on the over all look you want for the room. Seems like you have a very nautical theme going on. Pale Olive/Sage speaks more of a relaxed country chic type setting where as a bold maroon speaks contemporary Smile Also, the sage will make the room appear larger versus the dark red.

I would stay away from the gray - with the existing color tones in the room it will turn the whole thing drab.

Retro Lou

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        take pictures of your furniture, then the room, then print them and get 'cha down to a real paint store with a designer booth to be asked some questions about what you like, and get some recommendations of color.

get several tester jars of paint, put them on the wall, and use them all up in big squares. live with that for several days until you pick your favorite color. then go for a can of primer and a can of paint, prime first, then put on the top coat.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5521 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Id sat off-white or a beige/tan color, its neutral and pretty much goes with anything..

Posts: 212 | Location: Bellwood, PA | Registered: Oct 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        ah, yes, the infamous "builder beige." it is so innocuous that it drives people to crayon colors, which are uniformly aggravating.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5521 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Oh swschrad!! who asked u anyway!!Razz As I was typing, I thought of that very thing!! UGH beige!! But there are alot of variations of tan out there..that is why I opted for the tan/beige scheme..for instance, I had no idea what color to paint my bedroom, so I chose a taupe color, which is what I didn't know..tan..so that is what I was getting at..but all in all, I hope they found the color they wanted.

Posts: 212 | Location: Bellwood, PA | Registered: Oct 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I would recommend soft-beige color. It looks great in combination with dark-navy.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post