DIY Message Boards
Need help help help!!!

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6821916776/m/4573932077

May 02, 2013, 09:23 PM
Suzannecol4
Need help help help!!!
Can someone suggest a paint color? I have a small living room, with oak floors, a navy blue/ white piped couch, and nautical area rug full of blues, reds, nautical flags! I am not sure what wall color would go well with this stuff!!! Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
May 03, 2013, 05:18 AM
joecaption
Not sure how anyone here's going to know what looks good to you.
Need to at least post a picture for some guesses.
Check out some of the major paint companys web sites. A few have a way for you to down load a picture of your room and change the colors on screen.

joecaption
May 03, 2013, 11:15 AM
GardenSprite
What color is your wall now? Questions like yours are hard to answer as no one really knows your color preferences.

But given that you've got a nautical theme with navy and red, I would use something light like off white, sand or ivory on the walls to balance the dark colors and keep the nautical theme.
May 04, 2013, 03:49 PM
Frodo
i got a can of "bisket" colour in my hand
you want it? email di-rections and we be right over to paint the whole house.....LOL
what???? i like the colour bisket. gray also.

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E
May 17, 2013, 01:45 PM
PhillipButler
Oh that looks catchy and trendy too..I guess It should be fine..for the bisket..

Check out body kit
May 23, 2013, 09:05 AM
Retro Lou
I would say that depends on the over all look you want for the room. Seems like you have a very nautical theme going on. Pale Olive/Sage speaks more of a relaxed country chic type setting where as a bold maroon speaks contemporary Smile Also, the sage will make the room appear larger versus the dark red.

I would stay away from the gray - with the existing color tones in the room it will turn the whole thing drab.

Retro Lou
Oct 14, 2013, 02:40 PM
swschrad
take pictures of your furniture, then the room, then print them and get 'cha down to a real paint store with a designer booth to be asked some questions about what you like, and get some recommendations of color.

get several tester jars of paint, put them on the wall, and use them all up in big squares. live with that for several days until you pick your favorite color. then go for a can of primer and a can of paint, prime first, then put on the top coat.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Oct 19, 2013, 04:10 PM
xsil11
Id sat off-white or a beige/tan color, its neutral and pretty much goes with anything..
Oct 19, 2013, 05:51 PM
swschrad
ah, yes, the infamous "builder beige." it is so innocuous that it drives people to crayon colors, which are uniformly aggravating.

Oct 27, 2013, 10:25 AM
xsil11
Oh swschrad!! who asked u anyway!!Razz As I was typing, I thought of that very thing!! UGH beige!! But there are alot of variations of tan out there..that is why I opted for the tan/beige scheme..for instance, I had no idea what color to paint my bedroom, so I chose a taupe color, which is what I didn't know..tan..so that is what I was getting at..but all in all, I hope they found the color they wanted.
Apr 03, 2014, 04:28 AM
Juana Haw
I would recommend soft-beige color. It looks great in combination with dark-navy.
Jun 16, 2014, 02:59 AM
JustenForbes
quote:
Originally posted by Suzannecol4:
Can someone suggest a paint color? I have a small living room, with oak floors, a navy blue/ white piped couch, and nautical area rug full of blues, reds, nautical flags! I am not sure what wall color would go well with this stuff!!! Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

If you could add some pictures then we will get an exact idea of how your living room looks and will be able to offer you some help.

Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Jun 16, 2014, 12:09 PM
swschrad
heh, frodo, just noticed your post. can't go wrong with pink and purple, my friend. orange shag carpet! neon green furniture! stack the airline bags on every coffee table Wink

Jun 26, 2014, 04:59 AM
luckybabydoll
It is better if can post your bedroom photos. But according to your message,
except wall paint, you can have some special lamp to decor your room. That is my
idea Smile
Jun 27, 2014, 05:52 PM
ron45
quote:
posted May 02, 2013 09:23 PM

I would hate to think a little over a year has went by and the room is still not painted.
But,,,,,, I would do the wall looking like an ocean
Jul 12, 2014, 06:51 PM
Danielleaarstad
I may be REALLY late on this, but if your looking to do a color that's not ivory or white, I'm seeing a lot of light blue and light grey-blue featured with nautical colors. It softens everything quite nicely without going to the predictable neutrals.
Like this picture: