DIY Message Boards
Looking for ideas on decorating Master bedroom

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6821916776/m/3403975377

Sep 03, 2013, 09:55 PM
palexander
Looking for ideas on decorating Master bedroom
Hey everyone. We are drawing a complete on what to do our new master bedroom in. We are wanting to use browns, beige, tans, sages, those types of colors. I thought about desert oasis but when I went looking for pictures not much showed up. We both love to bring the outdoors in. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks.
Sep 05, 2013, 05:38 PM
GardenSprite
If you're not finding specific decorating photos, look instead for photos of natural settings that you're trying to mimic, identify the predominant colors and use those for the larger items, then add smaller items such as pillows in the colors of the less dominant objects. Or reverse them, depending on your preference.

Beige could be the color of your walls, with sage curtains and bedspread, or even a chocolate colored curtain and bedspread, with sage pillow accents.

That would mimic the dominant beige color of the sand with green for the various succulent plants. You might want to add something in blue variations to represent the water.

It depends also on the size of your room, the amount of lighting and whether you want an airy room or a more subdued room.

If you happen to get the NWF catalogue, there used to be a lot of nature themed decorative items shown there.

There are other catalogues featuring more marine color schemes.

Another place you can find nature photographs are state travel publications, which have a lot of beautiful pictures to tempt travelers.
Feb 10, 2014, 01:12 AM
bannisterlauren
Hello..

There are so many online help available from where you can get the best ideas and tips from experts. They have so much experience and I know one website which will definitely solve your problem. Have a look at bedroom design ideas.