All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    HELP! Advice for my Beach theme...
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

HELP! Advice for my Beach theme... Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I am doing a beach theme for my house...nautical, west coast, etc is still undecided. I found this sofa set and absolutely love it, but unsure if its too fancy or it can be a shabby chic beach decor? Maybe different throw pillows can help....just don't want it to be contradicting to the theme.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I think one of the first questions to ask yourself about the sofa set is whether the fact that you love it is more important than adhering to the beach theme.

Secondly, this is more formal than shabby chic, but that doesn't mean it won't be compatible with a beach theme. It would be more compatible with a beach theme if it were ivory or sand, or tones of green/blue/aquamarine.

But if you like the pale grey, just add some beach colors (sand, ivory) and sea colors as mentioned above, not only in throw pillows but perhaps quilts or throws.

If you want to add a nautical theme, add some lighthouses in shades matching the sofa color scheme to tie everything together but emphasize the beach colors.

There are also plenty of small decorative items such as seabirds, lanterns, etc. which could bring out the beach theme.

Sometime ago I used to get a nautically themed catalogue with a tantalizing array of themed items which would be perfect for your theme. If I can remember the name and if it's still in existence, I'll post back.

Posts: 1930 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post