All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    cd storage idea may or may not work suggestions welcome
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

cd storage idea may or may not work suggestions welcome Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hi, In my continuing effort to get better organized, I am trying to come up with an inexpensive CD storage solution and one of the options I am considering is this multimedia storage tower, which is listed as 19.4"L x 9.4"W x 49.5"H (this is a rough measurement, since I have not purchased it yet).
        I plan on getting two, as it will serve my purpose and allow a little extra room for growth (one holds about 287 CDs). While I like it and it should work, I was hoping for something with doors. I am looking for suggestions/ideas for either something pre-made that I could use as a door, I was thinking maybe shutters or shelving, seems like it would work in my head, but I am just not sure if it would work in reality. Creating a custom door is not an option and since it gets pretty dusty here, I don’t really want to go with anything cloth. I did find a few cabinets with doors that I could have shipped, but I tried having a hutch shipped to me years ago and it arrived broken and had to be returned, so that is not really an option either. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
        T

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Check this one out..
        You can modify it any way you want. You can put doors, slides, or leave it as is.
        Search this site and you will find many DIY projects

http://www.familyhandyman.com/...et-for-dvds/view-all

http://www.familyhandyman.com/storage-organization

Posts: 899 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post