All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    Advice for Living Room Paint
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Advice for Living Room Paint Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I need help in picking the color of paint for my Living Room walls. My furniture is solid medium blue. My floor is medium oak hardwood. My room size is 16'x 32' Any ideas will be appreciated! Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        go light and warm. buttermilk, cream, light lemon yellow, light orange. you need to offset the neutral and the cool tones to make the room cuddly. add spicy colors with art, pillows, silk flowers, etc.

if you want to drive people out and/or put them to sleep and/or on Paxil, then stay with greens and blues. but this is a LIVING room. add some life.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5521 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I personally would opt for a warm lemon, light lime, puce color to offset the dark of the wood and the medium blue of the furniture. It will accent and highlight the room.

A nice bright white would also work with that color scheme. But definitely do not go dark. You have enough cool/dark tones in the room.

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        A sunny yellow is pretty with blue.

Posts: 2484 | Registered: Apr 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of aradhya kapoor
        posted Hide Post
        Its better to take a suggestion from professional interior designers.I know one place were you can take suggestion online. its bestinteriordecorator.com . Here choose category for living room designer you will see the list of decorators specialized in living room designs and contact details as well .

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Neutral colors can be the perfect base for any living room. Choose such a color which will complement your furniture too.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        That sound hard to choose color but if you have a lot of dark furniture and other stuff you should paint your wall light.

Posts: 6 | Location: Philippines | Registered: Aug 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Light an warm colors are the best solution for the living room. It shouldn't be dark anyway. Dark floors and light walls is a fashion trend.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post