All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    I need help, ideas, and suggestions!
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

I need help, ideas, and suggestions! Sign In/Join 
        Picture of maemejo
        posted
        This is my dining room. Did you notice the blue carpet? I need ideas/suggestions to make this room fabulous! I would like some paint colors and overall decorating ideas. I am just at a loss right now! Confused

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        You have a modern light fixture mixed in with your traditional wood table. Are you trying to modernize the room?
        Here's what i would recommend anyway: get rid of the chair rail, then patch the wall if necessary. Paint the room a dark taupe color (like coffee with some creamer in it). Introduce drapes that go all the way to the floor with a modern geometric design. If you don't like the blue carpet, but don't want to pull it out, get an area rug to cover it. Take out the pictures next to the mirror and put up some wine racks or other modern art.
        Good luck!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hello friend,
        In my opinion, you can use wooden carpet with modern painting with light blue color. You should use red and purple color combination at your wall colors, it will seems beautiful. You can also use some home appliances like mattresses, and home furniture make your room cool and bright.

Tom Mathew

Posts: 22 | Registered: Nov 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        You can use some texture paints on your dining room walls, it will seems attractive and unique. You can also use some modern lightning for your dining room like Modern Chandeliers for awesome looks.

Tom Mathew

posted Hide Post
        you choose the right wallpaper in a dining room, other art may be unnecessary. The dining room is one of our favorite spots for taking a chance with a bold wall color and pattern. A hand-painted paper can have a mural-like effect on the room, making the dining area look finished and interesting.

Tom Mathew

posted Hide Post
        For a bolder approach, You can try two different colors in the same room. For example, paint two side walls of your dining room with pink color and other two side with purple, which will seems more desirable and beautiful.

Tom Mathew

posted Hide Post
        you want to repaint with the new color, you can use
        texture paints to the interior walls. With accent walls, you can be a little bolder, so try that lime green, sunshine yellow, moody red or Mediterranean blue. If you want your walls to stay a neutral shade, you can create an interesting contrast by painting the trim, the window frames, the door frame or the ceiling.

Tom Mathew

posted Hide Post
        Hi friend,
        You can use some home appliances to decorate your room like Electronics Appliances, Furniture and Mattresses etc. You can choose these appliances according your room needs by size and structure to looks your room good and beautiful.

Tom Mathew

posted Hide Post
        I found some really great decorating suggestions for dining rooms on Polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/se...&query=dining%20room

Good luck!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I think that everything is Ok with your carpert. The items I didn't like are the curtains. They should be changed and the room will look good.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Here are some simple suggestions you could use to spruce up your dining room:

1. Use a striped paint treatment on your walls. Since your carpet is blue, divide your walls into three horizontal sections of equal width and paint them with three different shades of blue, with the darkest shade at the bottom. Will make the entire room look very different and stand out.

2. Add slipcovers to your dining chairs. Very simple to make, even if you know just basic stitching. Just pick up fabric of your favorite color, and similar to how you make tea cozies, just make slipcovers to slip on over the backs of your chairs. Will make the room a lot more cheerful, especially if you pick a brighter hue.

3. Add a vase-full of your favorite flowers at the center of your dining table everyday! The simplest thing to do, and yet the addition that will make the most difference and lend a totally different air to the room!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Wall decals have become a new home decor trend and this looks beautiful. You can have your kitchen wall painted with wall decals to add to its beauty.

Terry Leal

Posts: 2 | Location: 4593 Goldie Lane Cincinnati, OH 45202 | Registered: Apr 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        i think in this circumstance, your idea is great, try your own opnion......

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Texture paints are really in trend these days. First thing, you can get that done. Next, you can add colors to the room by adding wall art or something. You can also change the rug to match the wall.

Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Posts: 24 | Registered: Jun 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of MaryHam
        posted Hide Post
        I think you have to do various changes in your dining room which will give you a new look to your dining room. Change the paint of the wall use light colors cream or light yellow or you can also do some wall decoration in dark color. Change the curtain and carpet of your dining hall. You can do changes in your home in reasonable cost also.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Nov 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post