All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Decorating    do you have any good DIY patterns of home decoration?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

do you have any good DIY patterns of home decoration? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of EchoLin
        posted
        i want to redecorate my room, but the home decorations are too expensive, i want to make some DIY decor by my self, do you have any good patterns, such as the door decoration,wall decoration and so on.

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        there are a lot of nice design cues in a ton of magazines, including the new HGTV magazine. cut a few out and save them in a folder that you like for the same room... look at them again a couple weeks or months later, before you start going to price things out.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5513 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of jessicalynn
        posted Hide Post
        What kind of decorations are you looking for? Is this for a child (I see a child on your profile pic)? We just recently decorated our sons room. I found it to be less expensive to use wall decals than painting a mural. I'm not that artistic, so I would not even consider doing it myself. We found some beautiful jumbo fabric wall decals online and we are very happy with the results.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jessicalynn,

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi, EchoLin! Here’s an amazing idea for a DIY decoration. Keep your memories alive. Use what you have around the house, from scrabble pieces to domino pieces. Use those pieces to recreate a wall art for your home. You can create an inspirational wall for your family. Here’s a very helpful video on how to DIY wall art - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LtM6VQHiz8.

Hope you’ll find this tips useful! Good luck and don’t forget to share your DIY projects with us!

Posts: 26 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of EchoLin
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by swschrad:
        there are a lot of nice design cues in a ton of magazines, including the new HGTV magazine. cut a few out and save them in a folder that you like for the same room... look at them again a couple weeks or months later, before you start going to price things out.

i need the specific steps to tell me how to make them, and i hope it is very easy to do it.

Picture of EchoLin
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by jessicalynn:
        What kind of decorations are you looking for? Is this for a child (I see a child on your profile pic)? We just recently decorated our sons room. I found it to be less expensive to use wall decals than painting a mural. I'm not that artistic, so I would not even consider doing it myself. We found some beautiful jumbo fabric wall decals online and we are very happy with the results.

no, i just want to redecorate my own room, i'm looking for some simple project to decorate my room.

Picture of EchoLin
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Christine Welby:
        Hi, EchoLin! Here’s an amazing idea for a DIY decoration. Keep your memories alive. Use what you have around the house, from scrabble pieces to domino pieces. Use those pieces to recreate a wall art for your home. You can create an inspirational wall for your family. Here’s a very helpful video on how to DIY wall art - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LtM6VQHiz8.

Thank you for your video, it is very useful for me.

Hope you’ll find this tips useful! Good luck and don’t forget to share your DIY projects with us!

posted Hide Post
        HI

I came across a site called plushwallpaper.com its cheap and good quality wallpaper. This site has something for everyone i had a really good experience purchasing wallpaper of this site.

hope this helps Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post