All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    Single handle bathroom sink faucet leaks
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Single handle bathroom sink faucet leaks Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I bought this faucet

http://www.amazon.com/Danze-D2...d=1390885099&sr=8-10

When I installed it, it leaked inside the round tube when I turn on the handle (see photo).

However, when I removed the faucet out of the sink and connected all hoses below the sink just to troubleshoot (easier for me to see), it didn't leak. So either (1) the hoses pulling on the 2 copper pipes making it leak OR (2) putting the faucet higher making it leak. Either one made NO sense to me.

BTW I clearly checked the top and made sure no water running on the side of the faucet and drip down. It's actually INSIDE the tube.

Is there anything else I should do? Or should I just return this product for faulty?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quanghoc,

Posts: 284 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I would reinstall it, check for a leak, if it leaks then I would gently move each pipe around to see if I can figure out which one it is, and to see it the leak stops. I would also remove the handle just because it is usually really easy, and make sure everything is good there. If I couldn't stop the leak, or figure out what the problem is, then I would send it back to Amazon. \
        And I've never installed that faucet, or heard of the manufacturer. I tend to stick with Moen and avoid Price Pfister. But there are other good brands out there as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Re-mdlr,

They make it look so easy on tv, don't they

Posts: 993 | Location: No. California | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I reinstalled, pulled out and hooked in the lines outside, checked leak... everything. Every time I pulled it out, it is fine. Once I put on top of the sink, it leaks.

Posts: 284 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        And one difference from installed to not installed is that the fastening nut is applying pressure to the body of the faucet -- maybe that is causing the leak. But it sounds like it ought to get sent back to Amazon.

They make it look so easy on tv, don't they

Posts: 993 | Location: No. California | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Single handle faucets are bad for having just that one spot where it could leak...or could not leak. Even just the slightest rotation of the handle can cause the leak to start, or stop depending on what's going on.

Bottom line though is that you just bought the thing, it's not how you are hooking it up, it has an internal problem. Was this a reconditioned faucet? In any event, easiest solution will be to send it back.

Jaybee

Posts: 10483 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Yeah I just sent it back because it drove me crazy after installed, pulled out, resintalled outside the sink, installed back on top of sink... like 5 times. Breaking my back almost.

posted Hide Post
        UPDATE 2/5/14: Amazon shipped me a new faucet and no leak. I installed it within 10min. The previous one was bad wasting me half a day!!

Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Yup, welcome to my world. Sometimes stuff like this just happens and it's just bad for everyone. We can schedule a project and arrive on time expecting to do a quick faucet install. Then, like what you just went through, waste a lot of time before making the determination that the part is defective.

Our client is out the time to either meet us at their house or arrange so that we can get in. We are out the time invested, the time to return the part and the reschedule to do it all over again. You can't charge for that but by that point there is no way to make any money on the project.

While it doesn't happen all the time it happens enough to be memorable.

Jaybee

Posts: 10483 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post