All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    toilet bolt caps
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

toilet bolt caps Sign In/Join 
        posted
        i am wondering if you fill the bolt caps with putty or something waterproof to prevent fluids getting in them by aimless little boys?

Posts: 117 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Never have and it's never been an issue.
        I've pulled hundreds of toilets and never once have seen where moisture getting in though the caps was the problem.

joecaption

Posts: 17987 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        After raising 3 sons;

Drop some fruit loops in the toilet. Gives them something for target practice.

Jaybee

Posts: 10099 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Now that's just funny man. Made me grin.

joecaption

Posts: 17987 | Location: Hartfield VA | Registered: Jan 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        many an Internet photo has been posted of targets, eyes, etc. painted on the porcelain of urinals and toilets. the contest that never ends.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5478 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Back in the 70's there was a company that would send tiny/little foldable paper boats as a game. I believe it was called "potty pot shots"? To help train little boys to aim better, well aimed shots could sink the boats. Flushable of course.
        Had not thought about that in years.Big Grin

The elongated toilet is supposed to be better for guys. Just a bit more real estate to hit, before a possible miss?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Conrad,

Posts: 6859 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        I once remodeled a bath that had carpet on the floor and three young boys in the house. It was a memorable experience.

And yes - after ripping everything out we installed vinyl.

Jaybee

Posts: 10099 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of joecaption
        posted Hide Post
        Blows me away what I find in bathrooms, kitchens and dining areas.

joecaption

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Between the comments here and on my Weekend post, my cheeks are already sore from laughing. It isn't that often that I laugh so hard my face hurts. Big Grin

Posts: 1729 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post