DIY Message Boards
toilet bolt caps

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6191013504/m/8923919277

Aug 09, 2013, 12:07 AM
chris d
toilet bolt caps
i am wondering if you fill the bolt caps with putty or something waterproof to prevent fluids getting in them by aimless little boys?
Aug 09, 2013, 07:29 AM
joecaption
Never have and it's never been an issue.
I've pulled hundreds of toilets and never once have seen where moisture getting in though the caps was the problem.

joecaption
Aug 09, 2013, 09:39 AM
Jaybee
After raising 3 sons;

Drop some fruit loops in the toilet. Gives them something for target practice.

Jaybee
Aug 09, 2013, 09:54 AM
joecaption
Now that's just funny man. Made me grin.

joecaption
Aug 09, 2013, 01:02 PM
swschrad
many an Internet photo has been posted of targets, eyes, etc. painted on the porcelain of urinals and toilets. the contest that never ends.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Aug 09, 2013, 02:54 PM
Conrad
Back in the 70's there was a company that would send tiny/little foldable paper boats as a game. I believe it was called "potty pot shots"? To help train little boys to aim better, well aimed shots could sink the boats. Flushable of course.
Had not thought about that in years.Big Grin

The elongated toilet is supposed to be better for guys. Just a bit more real estate to hit, before a possible miss?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Conrad,
Aug 09, 2013, 05:16 PM
Jaybee
I once remodeled a bath that had carpet on the floor and three young boys in the house. It was a memorable experience.

And yes - after ripping everything out we installed vinyl.

Jaybee
Aug 09, 2013, 05:24 PM
joecaption
Blows me away what I find in bathrooms, kitchens and dining areas.

joecaption
Aug 09, 2013, 06:23 PM
GardenSprite
Between the comments here and on my Weekend post, my cheeks are already sore from laughing. It isn't that often that I laugh so hard my face hurts. Big Grin