DIY Message Boards
Where to find part for Prefab Shower

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6191013504/m/8373933967

Mar 31, 2013, 03:46 PM
jmcnyc
Where to find part for Prefab Shower
I am missing the gasket that seals the bar in this prefab unit. I dont even know what to call it or where to find a replacement. Any help. Look at the picture you will see the white gasket which is what I am trying to replace as it is missing from the other side.

Mar 31, 2013, 05:21 PM
Jaybee
Going to be hard to find the exact part unless the unit is of fairly recent manufacture. Then, all it takes is a special order. Even big box stores can handle this.

First step: Find a store that is still selling this brand. Then, go to the bath section, show them the picture and as much information as you have about your unit. They should be able to find the part on-line and get it ordered for you.

If that doesn't work then the broken piece is just a minor trim piece. You could fix everything with caulk and it would look almost as good. Or, find a plastic washer that is used for something else, cut to size as needed and install.

Jaybee
Apr 01, 2013, 05:10 AM
joecaption
Can you back up and take another picture so I can see that part does.

If it's that white plastic piece your looking for it's called a gromit.
Any hardware or box store will have them in black rubber in the hardware area. There made to protect wiring when it feeds through a metal box but will work the same.

joecaption