All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    Water delays coming out of shower head
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Water delays coming out of shower head Sign In/Join 
        posted
        When I take a shower I turn on the water and it comes out of the tub spout. Then when I pull the diverter pin on the tub spout to make it come out of the shower head it takes about 10 seconds for it to fully come out. Why the delay? I have a single handed Delta tub/shower set up. Thanks for info anyone can give.

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Sounds like the pipe that runs from the mixer valve to the shower head drains after each use - this is normal. Educated guess but likely this pipe could be larger, like 3/4". If so, then there is a fair amount of pipe space that needs to be filed with water before it makes it's way out the shower head.

Usually this pipe is only 1/2", but if 3/4" was used everywhere else, it could have been used here too a a matter of convenience.

Jaybee

Posts: 10428 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        when you pull the handle,, the shower head is under pressure, there will be a slight delay,,,if the delay, in your opinion is to long then there is a diverter valve that might be going bad....
        with your shower valve brand name and model number handy..google it like delta 636-c shower diverter valve replacement....get your part

Posts: 4059 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Most likley it is the rough in valve that controls the water pressure anf flow that is behind your unit. You may want to look at replaceing that. It just may solve the majority of your issues.

Posts: 5 | Location: NV | Registered: Feb 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post