All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Bathroom    NO Flush Zone. Toilet options?
        Page 1 2 3 
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

NO Flush Zone. Toilet options? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Frodo:
        i would be diggen a hole in the backyard and installing a temp septic tank'
        most likely pretty close to where i will be building another shop...one day
        if you have access to a back hoe, the rest is cheap

I just don't think that would fly well in our neighborhood, Frodo. Nothing specifically in the covenants that I recall, but I don't think it would make for great neighborhood relations. Big Grin

But if we lived more rural, tree enclosed and had a lot more than half an acre, I could see the advantage, for sure.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        yeah....the hoa gets a little weird when they see a small building with a half moon cut out on the door!

Posts: 4054 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Small building with half moon, probably slightly more esthetically pleasing than someone without the building......and showing a FULL MOON?Big Grin

Posts: 6894 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        how come my pictures keep getten deleted
        i'm starten to get my lil ole feelen's hurt
        that outhouse took me 20 minutes to find and 10 minutes to transport [load/upload/download.click.click.click]
        here

Posts: 4054 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        I can still see your little house in the green forest.???
        If I am not logged into the site, (and refresh with the circle arrow) I just see the red circle, no slash, however.

posted Hide Post
        it's there on Chrome. there are a number of websites that have gone with the industry to using HTML5 for graphics and sound, and a lot of older browsers are having issues with that. Firefox 22? 23? is just plain goofy with some rendering bugs, also.

I would wager that Safari is going to show it, as well. at this point, I'm off Firefox, and I only use IE for windows update on the Ham Cave machine.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5818 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        I have Firefox.

Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Just an update. Warning, might be more information than some want?

We have been visiting our mountain home for a week now. Started out using a medical toilet seat (basically an aluminum chair with toilet seat, dry wall bucket below)We each had our own bucket to deal with, so we were shifting them around, relidding, etc. We would take them to the lift station at the town sewer treatment to dump, as they provided a hose sprayer and disposable gloves to make the whole experience a bit cleaner. (Found some blue stuff that is very concentrated, and worked great for odor.)

We try to use the town public facilities whenever possible and we did break down and order a camper potty from Amazon, and it arrived a couple of days ago. It actually flushes, which is nice, and we can now just use one unit. Maybe we will be able to be hooked up to a temporary sewer line by the first of the year. Maybe not.

I never plan to take flush toilets for granted again! Hug your porcelain throne today...for the job it does.Wink